Typos thread

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Typos thread

Post by cptslog » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Post any typos or grammar mistakes that you find here!

tueman

Re: Typos thread

Post by tueman » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:21 pm

In what manner should we post here?

Bleet
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Bleet » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:03 pm

On the Engineer's manual page, a couple of small notes/corrections:

"he Jump Fuel window refers to the amount of fuel capsules onboard the ship" should read as "The Jump Fuel window..."

"nce the core is ejected, the reactor is dead." should read as "Once the core is ejected..."

"You can buy more coolant at a trading station. When the coolant reserves have been depleted, the reactor will no longer be cooled." should read "...the reactor will no longer be cooled using coolant." You may also want to add into that end paragraph that the reactor will still cool passively under low power loads despite no coolant. The way it reads now, it implies that once coolant is gone, the core will just overheat endlessly.

Also worth mentioning, the Aux. Reactor Screen section of the manual does not have the new features shown (Projectile Aim Assist, etc).

fivedollardare

Post by fivedollardare » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:29 am

The artifact you pick up for Artifact Retrieval III is labelled as "Ancient Red Aritfact" instead.

Matchbox
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Matchbox » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:08 am

Orsine Selgrom in the Rnebo Sys has a typo in the "Offer Help" dialogue. She says "If want work, [...]" and should say "If you want work, [...]".

foxcoll

Post by foxcoll » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:44 am

In the Pilots Manual (http://www.pulsarthegame.com/pilot/) , it states that:
RMB Q moves the ship vertically up, RMB E moves the ship vertically down
I have noticed these are reversed: RMB Q moves the ship vertically down, while RMB E moves the ship vertically up[/]

Note: both the website and the in game manual read this way.

I am playing Beta 9.5 on Windows 10.

elquasamoto

Post by elquasamoto » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 am

The official "beta trailer" video at the homepage of the website.

At time 00:51

Scienist

Should be: Scientist

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:16 am

The description for maneuvering thrusters says "Provides the ability for the ship to translate in any direction".

Should be (I assume): move in any direction (although there may be a better wording than "move")

Obsidian Actual

Post by Obsidian Actual » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:58 am

Wanderer wrote:The description for maneuvering thrusters says "Provides the ability for the ship to translate in any direction".

Should be (I assume): move in any direction (although there may be a better wording than "move")
Translate - [verb] Mechanics. to cause (a body) to move without rotation or angular displacement; subject to translation.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:57 am

I know that translate can be used in that manner, but (to me at least), it doesn't sound natural. Would you say "translate the ship to the left"?

Although technically correct, I would've thought clarity would be more important.