(Beta 4.2) ship components improperly spawning on planets

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
xshadowdragonx

(Beta 4.2) ship components improperly spawning on planets

Post by xshadowdragonx » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:22 pm

----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: Beta 4.2
Date and Time Encountered (18/11/2015, HH:MM (12h format)):
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): none
Severity: moderate
Description of Bug: Scanner indicates loot sources on the square pads reserved for ship components/ scrap, though there was nothing actually at the site.
Steps to Reproduce: Go to several planet systems, I've seen at least one instance of this on each planet that had the capacity to contain parts.
Possible Workaround:Raise the spawn position of the loot, perhaps. Or fix the scanner to not improperly register loot.
Screenshots and/or Video: will add some soon

Trusin

Re: (Beta 4.2) ship components improperly spawning on planet

Post by Trusin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:57 pm

I have seen this a lot. It seems like the scanner is registering the pad that crates sit on. Odd that it doesn't do it for all of them though.

Seems to happen most when there is an item there and you pick it up. The scanner blip never goes away.

xshadowdragonx

Post by xshadowdragonx » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:06 am

I don't even get THAT, trustin. Most of the time it's showing a blip on the scanner for loot that was NEVER there to begin with, I've never had an occurrence where the blip remained when loot as actually collected.

Reef

Post by Reef » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:52 pm

A few times I have found an item which was sitting kind of between the textures or something. When I approached the items position, I could not see it, but a pickup hint appeared and when I clicked the pickup, item and the radar marking has disappeared.

Sometimes the item is actually on the map, but not on the same level as you are. This is very confusing, especially when maps are so vertical.