[Beta 7.2] Slow or Nonfunctional UI

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Bovell

[Beta 7.2] Slow or Nonfunctional UI

Post by Bovell » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm sure it's already been reported, but I couldn't find a thread at a quick glance. Across all members in my group of 5, the UI is extremely slow to load, or doesn't load at all (some shops completely blank, but only for some people). Additionally, our engineer accidentally killed the power to the ship while clicking through menus; it seems UI clicking is also actionable in the game world.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: [Beta 7.2] Slow or Nonfunctional UI

Post by cptslog » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks for the reports!

We are working on a fix for the blank ships on non-host clients and clicking through certain menus.

Could you tell us any more info on "the UI is extremely slow to load"?
What UI are you referring to, the tab menu or the starmap?

Bovell

Post by Bovell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:13 am

cptslog wrote:Could you tell us any more info on "the UI is extremely slow to load"?
What UI are you referring to, the tab menu or the starmap?
Both the starmap and tab menu. As of Beta 7.3, the issue persists for two of my crewmembers, but appears to have been resolved for me. Specifically, the starmap/tab menu UI loading either temporarily freezes the game, or loads in slow motion.

DunkZ
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DunkZ » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:45 am

Our crew has also experied this.

Then our Host/Captain open the Shop menu, his game freeze for a 5-10 seconds, then its resume like nothings has happen.

But he always think the game will disconnect, but that never happen, just a freeze and then the game continues.

Gobbibomb

Post by Gobbibomb » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:40 pm

My problem is similar but only on captain when in store buy component slow load or freeze and go to waiting problem.
I thing while for research not optimised or bugged.
And when captain is in freeze all is in freeze.
Captain is ever was host.

sal_vager

Post by sal_vager » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:02 am

I have also run across this, it started with 7.1 and was not present in 6.2

Any of the UI overlay screens can struggle to load and this has happened with the inventory and map, but it's usually the store which shows this issue.

The entire game then becomes unresponsive, menus cannot be closed, the main menu cannot be opened, no input is processed other than cursor movement, mouseover events do not register.

On both instances I had lost connection and wasn't aware, so this may be a connection issue, the following appeared in both logs:
Failed to 'network-remove' GameObject. Client is neither owner nor masterClient taking over for owner who left: View (0)1025 on PLPawnMale(Clone)
You can find the logs here https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dxlrbln0bawx ... s.zip?dl=0

----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: Beta 7.3
Date and Time Encountered 09-04-2916
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): No other software was running.

Severity: High, this pause can last for minutes and gives the appearance that the game has stopped completely, though it will return control if given time.

Description of Bug: The game can pause for a variable time when menu screens (map, inventory, shop etc, not bridge screens) are opened, with control eventually returning.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown, there is no warning that this is going to happen, opening any UI overlay can trigger this behaviour.

Possible Workaround: None, wait for control to be restored.
Screenshots and/or Video: None, a picture or video would only show no activity.
Notes: Sounds still play during this pause, and when control resumes the UI overlay can be interacted with as normal, the issue can reoccur in the same play session.

This issue was not present in beta 6.2
Hardware Configuration:

CPU: AMD A10 5800K APU
GPU: Nvidia GTX650, nvidia-352 driver.
RAM: 16 gigabytes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/irik3zkas6kig ... .html?dl=0