Player with a Hack that blows up the ship

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
caster

Player with a Hack that blows up the ship

Post by caster » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Played named A55 was joining my game today. He would promptly cause the ship to explode somehow. I would reload from save, he would rejoin and do it again. I was able to mute him but not kick. First time I've seen this.

Naverin

Re: Player with a Hack that blows up the ship

Post by Naverin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:38 pm

Had this happening as well tonight - 11.17.16 around 7-9pm EST Users could join a full came and voice comms. If a spot opened on crew they could join that spot then the ship would blow up shortly after.

gamerfood

Post by gamerfood » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 am

well i dont know about caster, but naverin was in my game blowing up the ship and griefing, then saying a "hacker" did it so i think he's just lying again

the some players being unkickable bug has to do with playing on a save that was made before the hotfix, if you make a new save you can kick people properly again

victort
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by victort » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:43 am

there is a definite hole in the security.

first of all, you can change your name any time you play, so reporting names is useless.

The bottom line is some party is connecting to private, passworded games, and making ships explode.

this may or may not be happening in 5 person games. I did see one game listed that was 6/5 players. But idk what that was about.

anyway. active exploit. =(

Naverin

Post by Naverin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:38 am

caster wrote:Played named A55 was joining my game today. He would promptly cause the ship to explode somehow. I would reload from save, he would rejoin and do it again. I was able to mute him but not kick. First time I've seen this.
A55 was joining my full game this morning 7:20am EST and saying Whats up. Since I had all bots, he didn't even show up in the crew list to kick nor was he able to blow my ship up.

Hopefully they get a hotfix going for this crap, kills the online gameplay

Naverin

Post by Naverin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:40 am

gamerfood wrote:well i dont know about caster, but naverin was in my game blowing up the ship and griefing, then saying a "hacker" did it so i think he's just lying again

the some players being unkickable bug has to do with playing on a save that was made before the hotfix, if you make a new save you can kick people properly again
Since anyone can change their online name, coming here to say that just seems silly. Maybe the hacker got emotional cause I was laughing at him on comms and then used my name? or you created an account just to ?? i dunno

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Thanks for the reports

We're looking into it

CDN_Medic

Post by CDN_Medic » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:19 pm

So a little more about this. He joined our game and did the same thing, however not sure how but what ever he did, he left the bridge to do it. So we created a fresh game not from a save and passworded it, yet again he could enter. So on our 3rd and final attempt we created a new game and like others we filled it with Bots, this quickly annoyed him and after about 10 mins he left. so here is what we found

Cant be kicked.
Left the bridge to blow up our ship.
Can join even when all crew slots full (1 was a bot, not sure if applies to full of human players).
Can not do anything unless in a player slot.
lol and doesnt like being laughed at when he is stuck observing

gamerfood

Post by gamerfood » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:09 pm

i take back what i said earlier, i ran into the griefers today

i also think i discovered how they're joining full/passworded servers
i spammed the join game button on a server about 10 times and after that i ended up in a passworded and full server!
devs need to fix this right away

tjblackhawk
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by tjblackhawk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Just had a locked game, someone joined, couldn't kick them, and we were at a special shop, there was a sound on a loop from the player, and then our ship took rapid damage and exploded.
"Never give up! Never surrender!"