Voice comms issue - 14.5

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Error
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Voice comms issue - 14.5

Post by Error » Wed May 10, 2017 8:05 am

Today and yesterday, I have noticed some issue, when hosting a game will sometimes break voice comms completely.

It wasn't me initiating the host, but rather when our captain would rehost the game we would lose voice, which only seems to be fixed when another player hosts the game.

Not sure if this is a known bug or not, so I thought I would bring it to your attention just in case.

And also, since this is a voice issue, I have no screenshots to share or extra information that would help. Sorry!
AI. Viridian Zenith
Engineer.

I like to break things.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Voice comms issue - 14.5

Post by cptslog » Wed May 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Sorry for the issues,
Thanks for the report

I would double check the the host has voice chat enabled in their audio settings. If it was set to off it disables voice chat for the entire crew since the host is in charge of setting up the voice chat server.

An output log file from the host would be great for debugging but the client logs should also have clues. Instructions: http://www.pulsarthegame.com/sending-an-output-log-file

Error
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Error » Wed May 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you for the response.

Is there a way then that the menu would change between the host remaking the new session?
Because we had just been voice chatting in the game previous. (Us dying meant the host tried launching from an old save) .. I thought possibly it could be due to a corrupt save file, however he decided to try again with a complete restart of the progress and had the same effect.

When another person made the game, the original host was able to talk and so was everyone else.

I hope this butchered reply makes sense!

So far I haven't come across this issue again, but it wasn't the first time it had happened.
Should it happen again, I'll be sure to post the logs. Thanks again.
AI. Viridian Zenith
Engineer.

I like to break things.

Errat1k

Post by Errat1k » Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 am

Remove any trailing spaces you may have added to the end of the game name and voice will work.

Error
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Error » Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 pm

So that's the problem? I'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks for the response.
AI. Viridian Zenith
Engineer.

I like to break things.

Errat1k

Post by Errat1k » Thu May 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Error wrote:So that's the problem? I'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks for the response.
Yup, found this out myself earlier today. Much fun!