Ending NPC Dialogue

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:19 pm

• So, I have found three inelegant ways to end a conversation with an NPC:

1) Walk away and eventually the dialogue box disappears (unless it's a store)
    2) Hit Tab to bring up inventory, but then need to hit Tab again to out of that.
    3) Hit Escape to bring up the menu, but then need to hit Escape again to get out of that.

Am I missing some really easy, obvious way to get out of the dialogue box? I tried searching in the forums for an answer to this but couldn't find one.

Thanks!

mrsandman321

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:20 pm

• As far as I know there's no way to end conversations aside from the methods you mentioned. I usually go with the double tab. It would be nice to be able to just press r to end the conversation.

CptSnuggles

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:28 pm

• I moved this to the bug reporting section. I believe pressing the "R" key used to close the dialogue window, in Beta 16 we changed a bit how that key worked (to accommodate the fact that anyone can now drop items anywhere and the R key is used for multiple things) and it seems it might have broken this functionality. We'll be sure to fix this for the next update! Thanks for the report!

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm

• There is a button in the Config for "Previous Menu," which exits out of a dialogue. This button may or may not be the same as other buttons by default. Changing one or more bound keys can make exiting conversations easy!

XkyDiver

Return to Bug Reporting Section

Information