Can't hear voice chat

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
SiimplyEthan

Can't hear voice chat

Post by SiimplyEthan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:38 pm

I've looked around, and I didn't see another thread of this, so I made my own.

Bug Report
----------------------------
Game Version: Beta 16.3
Date and Time Encountered 23/11/17
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): Antivirus is possible, although I doubt it.
Severity: Manageable, but a pain to deal with
Description of Bug: Upon hosting/joining any game, I can't hear voice chat, I can use my mic properly, but voice chat doesn't come through. I hear all the other sounds of the game (Gunfire, jumping etc.) but voice chat just doesn't work. I've come across a couple other people with this same problem, but none of us could find a fix.
Steps to Reproduce: Not sure if you could intentionally reproduce it.
Possible Workaround: No idea.
Screenshots and/or Video: I don't have any, but could easily get some if need be.
Notes: I've had the game for a little over a year and a half now, and just recently reinstalled it, no problems before, but for some reason it's rather persistent now.
Hardware Configuration:
I couldn't find out how to get these, if someone could show me, I'll happily input it here

CPU:
GPU:
RAM: 12G
Motherboard:
HDD:
SSD:

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Can't hear voice chat

Post by cptslog » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks for the report, sorry for the issue

I'd recommend double-checking the default communications device in the Windows 10 playback devices menu (if it's different than the default audio device) since that is what the voice chat system should be using.

Could you send an output log if you haven't yet? Instructions: http://www.pulsarthegame.com/sending-an-output-log-file

Hopefully we can get it sorted out soon