[Beta 17.2] Duplicate component extraction by rapid clicking

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!

• ----------------------------
    Bug Report
    ----------------------------
    Game Version: Beta 17.2
    Date and Time Encountered (DD/MM/YY, HH:MM (12h format)): N/A
    Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): Borderless Gaming 9.4.9
    Severity: Minor
    Description of Bug: It's possible to get multiple duplicates of components extracted from unclaimed ships by rapidly clicking the mouse on the "extract component button".
    This was done with me as the captain, reproducible both just with myself and when I had another player in the game. I only tested it while on the carrier with the stock "The Remover" extractor on board.
    Screenshots and/or Video: Proof of loot, 3x WD Jump Cores & 5x Cyber Defense processors from a single WD ship until it detonated due to a failed extraction attempt.
    Notes: I suggest inducing a ~3 second delay between extraction attempts (with a UI loading circle or something else displayed while trying to extract).
    It would likely solve the duplicate extractions, prevent accidentally extracting the next component in sequence, plus the delay puts the player in suspense if the extraction succeeded or failed.
    Hardware Configuration:

CPU: FX 9370 clocked to 4.6/4.6 GHz (stock is 4.4/4.7)
    GPU: nVidia GTX 960
    RAM: 8 GB GSkill 1866 MHz (Volted @ 1.555V)
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0
    HDD: 1TB WD 7200 RPM Mainstream (Blue)
    SSD: None

Bleet
    Alpha Tester

• Thanks for the report,

Good find, I'll get it fixed!
    A delay/step in the UI as you mentioned would definitely work, possibly with some extra server-side verification just to be sure.

cptslog
    Leafy Developer

Return to Bug Reporting Section

Information