Enemies get stuck in The Arena on The Burrow

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Agent Orange

Enemies get stuck in The Arena on The Burrow

Post by Agent Orange » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 am

The insects (not the robots or space-raptors) in The Arena on The Burrow are stuck behind obstacles. Especially on wave 10, the big mom is stuck and just shoots lasers from her eyes. It is very easy to pick them off that way, you can just draw the small bugs out whenever you are ready and fully healed, instead of them swarming out as it was hopefully intended.

This happens when the team stays inside the grey circle. Which brings me to the next bug: If the team ends the wave outside the grey circle in the middle or if any team member is jumping while the wave ends and does not touch the grey circle, the team will be squeezed into the middle and get massive damage (McCoy was right about transporter beams).

Another bug is that zeds will head towards crew members who are already out of the arena and are watching from the windows. This results in zeds getting stuck near the windows.

I suggest to correct the zeds` pathfinding or remove obstacles.

The Arena is well done and a very good feature, I hope it gets fixed.

Agent Orange

Re: Enemies get stuck in The Arena on The Burrow

Post by Agent Orange » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:47 pm

And there is another big bug concerning Deathseekers:

After they went hostile, they will crash into each other and destroy themselves! This makes them easy prey now, you can just stay 7 km away from them and wait till they down themselves. I hope their behavior gets fixed, since they are supposed to be deadly opponents. Same goes for Phase-drones. They will attack each other (while the ship is waiting at 7 km distance to collect their debris).

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Enemies get stuck in The Arena on The Burrow

Post by cptslog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Thanks for the reports

I'll take a look at the arena, some creatures don't have full pathing capability (but it is in the plans), I'll try to get that in sooner rather than later
Interesting observation about them attacking crewmates outside the arena, I'll look into that too

Also, I'll work on preventing the deathseekers and phase drones from getting hostile at each other. Thanks!