Carrier turrets behave as auto fire

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
CalicoJack

Carrier turrets behave as auto fire

Post by CalicoJack » Fri May 04, 2018 5:03 pm

This has been around a while but I discovered recently it's a bug rather than a feature -

The Carrier doesn't have auto turrets yet if the ship gets put on red alert by either receiving damage or the captain targeting prior to initiating virus attacks, the turrets will target and fire.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Carrier turrets behave as auto fire

Post by cptslog » Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi CalicoJack,

Most turrets in the game can automatically aim and fire (typically using 50% of full power / fire rate) when not being used by a player or bot.
Auto turrets are 100% automatic and simply fire at the target ship. They use full power when auto aiming and can't be controlled by a player or bot.

We'll look into making this distinction a bit clearer in-game.

Thanks for the report / feedback!

CalicoJack

Re: Carrier turrets behave as auto fire

Post by CalicoJack » Thu May 10, 2018 4:39 pm

cptslog wrote:Hi CalicoJack,

Most turrets in the game can automatically aim and fire (typically using 50% of full power / fire rate) when not being used by a player or bot.
Auto turrets are 100% automatic and simply fire at the target ship. They use full power when auto aiming and can't be controlled by a player or bot.

We'll look into making this distinction a bit clearer in-game.

Thanks for the report / feedback!
I maintian a steam guide about using stealth builds and will update the info regarding handling turrets for stealthed combat so I'd just like to clarify I understand you correctly so I don't go putting wrong info in there - you're saying that regular turrets will auto fire, but at half speed and reduced damage compared to auto-turrets and manned turrets which will both will fire twice as quickly and do twice the damage?