Help the Terraforming Station Quest- Incompletable

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Danbomo

Help the Terraforming Station Quest- Incompletable

Post by Danbomo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Hey,
On a save of mine, I have a quest named "Help the Terraforming Station". I picked it up on a planet that I was exploring.

The quest objectives are as followed:
- Rid of Ants outside the station
- Find and retrieve glowing object from the cave

Pictures:
https://i.imgur.com/2xbE69N.png

I have cleared the ants twice now and I have entered the cave twice now, but there is no glowing object. Nothing appears on my scanner either.

Any help with this one?

Thanks

Tupac
Tupac is alive??

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Help the Terraforming Station Quest- Incompletable

Post by Edinstein » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:24 pm

We've found a small bug with the item from our side, which may have prevented the glowing ore from showing up on scanners, though I don't believe it would have hidden the object entirely.

Do you or a fellow crewmember remember atomizing anything from the cave, by chance? The glowing ore also acts as a research material and could be used for research, so it's possible someone might have atomized it without noticing it was required for the mission.

I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like, just to clear up any possible confusion. (This picture was taken with the night variant of the planet, but the object is in the same place in the daytime version.)

If you're sure the glowing object didn't show up for you at all, would you mind sending us an output log / save file? We haven't been able to replicate the issue from our side, so it would be a great help in tracking down any bugs!

Thanks for the report!

Danbomo

Re: Help the Terraforming Station Quest- Incompletable

Post by Danbomo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:32 pm

My conclusion is that someone most likely accidentally put it in the Atomizer. Thanks for the help, extremely thorough response.
Thanks!

Tupac
Tupac is alive??