Random Floating Decals in Space

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
justinjah91

Random Floating Decals in Space

Post by justinjah91 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:40 pm

----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: Beta 19.2
Date and Time Encountered (DD/MM/YY, HH:MM (12h format)): 05/08/18, 10:33 PM CDT
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): None
Severity: Potentially Severe (See Notes)
Description of Bug: While searching for cloaked ships, I encountered a cluster of floating decals in space. One of them is a sign that points players to different parts of the ship (see screenshots), but I don't know what the others are. Judging by the fact that it has engineering, life support, and crew quarters all in one sign, I'm guessing it has to do with the intrepid. I was flying an intrepid at the time so that may be related. The objects do have collision.

I wouldn't have noticed them if not for the fact that when I fired probes in that direction, it sounded like the probes were passing close to my ship. I've seen this a couple of times now and it's usually near, if not at the place where you warp into a sector.

Steps to Reproduce: Take a ship (may have to be the intrepid, not sure) and fire probes around until you hear it pass the decals. Go in that direction.
Screenshots and/or Video: https://imgur.com/a/qr2ztfF
Notes: They are only visible from one direction, so that should make it extra fun to find them.

* I've upgraded this from minor to potentially severe because I've just encountered a phenomenon a couple of times that may be related. While flying around asteroids searching for research material, my ship keeps hitting some unseen obstacle and exploding. I think it may be these decals. They are very hard to see when looking at them head on, and they are invisible from other angles. I'll update this if I find more info.
Hardware Configuration:

CPU: Intel i5
GPU: NVidia GTX 750
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: Asus
HDD: Seagate 500 GB HDD
SSD: Seagate 500 GB SSD

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Random Floating Decals in Space

Post by cptslog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Thanks for the report

Looks like an issue with the interior/exterior system. Should have it fixed soon. Thanks for the screenshots and detailed report, should help us fix this quickly!