Bunch of bugs №3

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Kristalium

Bunch of bugs №3

Post by Kristalium » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:07 am

1. Should Outpost be that dark?

2. Outrider reactor still can be fixed through the floor. https://youtu.be/9FY2Uif9wTY

3. After claiming enemy ship and returning back to yours, you can pick own ship as target.

4. Yiria Sali ask you to find droid for cryochamber mission, but after last updates he became sylvasi.

5. I cant find GH Bounty Agency on my old save. Here is save file, maybe you can help me somehow. http://rgho.st/8gTl7p7TX

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Bunch of bugs №3

Post by Edinstein » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:15 am

Thanks for the reports!

1. It shouldn't be that dark, which graphics setting and operating system are you playing on?

2. We currently don't have line of sight checks for these sorts of things (AI bots do this as well!). Thanks for the report!

3. If you claimed a new ship, then your old ship can be targeted since it's not "your" ship anymore, please correct me if I misunderstood the report!

4. Thanks for the heads up!

5.We clarified why the sector doesn't show in pre-existing saves on Steam. Here is what we wrote:
Every time we add new sectors, it changes the galaxy generation properties, so the new sectors won’t pop up in an older version of the game. They have to be spawned at the galaxy’s creation, aka a new game. We can force player save files to reset, but we didn’t want to do that for this update, so if you are loading an old save, it won’t have the bounty agency in the galaxy. You should be able to see the bounty agency sector if you start a new game. However, the bounty missions should still work on previous saves (provided you haven’t completely opted out of the Grey Huntsmen agency), and you can join the Grey Huntsmen by talking to a robot named Baris at Cornelia Station or a human named Ivok Milligan at the Harbor.

Hope that clarifies!
Thanks for the reports!

Kristalium

Post by Kristalium » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:03 pm

1. Thanks for asking, problem appears only on lowest quality.

2. For example: I am on ship "Catfish". After claiming enemy, i can set "Catfish" as target. But after coming back to "Catfish" and destroying enemy, i still can set my ship as target. And in that case turrets will fire at any ship in sector.

5. I think it's better to create new galaxy, than new ship...

+++
Also:
6. Image

7. Some map bug https://youtu.be/fOEkoEpR3kU

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:16 pm

1. Thanks for the info, we’ll look into it!

2. When you claimed the enemy ship, you lose your existing claim to Catfish, it becomes a neutral ship that can now be targeted by your newly claimed ship. Instead of fully claiming the enemy ship you can simply remove the enemies claim on that ship turning it neutral (screens turn yellow instead of red), this will prevent the enemy crewmembers from respawning as well as prevent Catfish from becoming flagged as stolen when you later reclaim it. Hope this clarifies!

5. Normally we would agree, we usually force a galaxy reset when we add larger pieces of content, but for this update, we decided it was not critical enough to restart the entire galaxy since the majority of the new missions would still be available.

6 - 7. Thanks for the reports, I’ll be sure to bring up this issue and the video you linked to our programmer!