Wasted Wing is Not Jumpable for "The Wasted Wing" Mission to Progress

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Lone Soaring Owl

Wasted Wing is Not Jumpable for "The Wasted Wing" Mission to Progress

Post by Lone Soaring Owl » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 am

----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: Beta 21
Date and Time Encountered (02/01/19, 11:20 pm):
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): Nothing I can think of - likely won't affect this bug, anyway
Severity: Minor (game is still playable, but can't progress in "The Wasted Wing" mission)
Description of Bug: My crew and I completed the asteroid mission no problem, received access to the command center, accepted "The Wasted Wing" mission, and have a crew level of 14 and CU rep of 10. However, there is no warp point to the wasted wing, as shown in the update video. When we fly all the way over, nothing significant happens and we can't progress with the mission.
Steps to Reproduce: Explained above.
Possible Workaround: Can't find/think of any.
Screenshots and/or Video:

Notes: The first picture shows the wasted wing in the distance, and the others show that the requirements for this mission are met.
Hardware Configuration: I assume it is an issue with the hardware, but I can still post it if needed.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Wasted Wing is Not Jumpable for "The Wasted Wing" Mission to Progress

Post by Edinstein » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Hey Lone Soaring Owl!

We're currently working on a fix for this, we explain what went wrong in the upcoming release notes but I'll post the explanation here too.
We occasionally have content that only shows up in internal builds, which allows us to make public builds quickly without having to manually remove parts of the game that aren’t ready yet. The Wasted Wing sector was listed to only show up in internal builds and when we did our tests with the public version we were loading saves made on the internal version, so we didn’t catch the issue.
Sorry for the trouble, thanks for the report!

EDIT: The update should be live now, please let us know if you continue to have any issues!