Auto saves during a race break it

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Kersakof
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Auto saves during a race break it

Post by Kersakof » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 am

Game Version: Beta 20.3
Date and Time Encountered (DD/MM/YY, HH:MM (12h format)): 12/30/18 9:05 PM
----------------------------
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): Windows defender

Severity: Minor, since this is side content.

Description of Bug: If you die during a race and use an auto save that happened during the race, you cannot start it again by going back and pressing the "start race" button. I'm not sure if losing the race impacts it or not, but that also happened since someone was right behind us when we died.

Steps to Reproduce: Fly in a race. Die to something, running into a wall, etc. Wait for a NPC to finish the race before hitting an auto save that happened during the race.

Possible Workaround: Unless you saved before the race manually, the only way right now is to start a new ship and try again. I've tried restarting the game, warping in and out of the sector, nothing seems to fix this.
Screenshots and/or Video: Image
Notes: I forget the exact time of this, but I'm still running this current ship that currently can't race. It also means my bet against myself is just lost forever, but it's just 5,000 credits.
Hardware Configuration:

CPU: Intel i7-6700k CPU 4.00 Ghz
GPU: AMD Vega 64
RAM: 16 GB RAM
Motherboard: Z170X-Ultra Gaming
HDD: 2 TB Western Digital hard drive
SSD:

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Auto saves during a race break it

Post by cptslog » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Thanks for the report, sorry for the issues

We're looking to make some tweaks that should fix this soon!