Processing Scrap Issue

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
mrsandman321

Processing Scrap Issue

Post by mrsandman321 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:08 pm

Last night, a friend and I inadvertently tried to process the same piece of scrap at the same time. He happened to do so successfully while my screen had the tick marks still counting up. The scrap disappeared, we laughed, but then I found that while he could continue processing, I could not. I would hold R on another piece of scrap, but nothing happens.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Processing Scrap Issue

Post by cptslog » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Thanks for the report

Haven't run into this one yet, we'll look into it!

EngBot

Post by EngBot » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:03 pm

I've found that you regain the ability to process if you walk into a specific place on the ship. for the intrepid it was in cargo, and i think the annihilator has it near life support. you'll know you found it when the process option/bar pops ups again.

the spot might be the "center" of the ship
Breaker of all the things

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm

I get this issue a lot, it seems to happen when scrap a player is in the middle of processing disappears. I find that the easiest way to fix it is have the captain fill the Component slot with another component. It doesn't matter if the replacement component is scrap or not. I also find that the log file gets filled with a lot of errors fast, seemingly from this issue.