Bugged Scrap Processing

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Bearier

Bugged Scrap Processing

Post by Bearier » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi,

My friend and I are experiencing a bug processing scrap in the game. The bug appears to be random (sometimes it just starts that way when we log in) but other times it happens if I switch classes (he's playing captain). We are warping and still not getting the ability to process. The scrap says "Scrap" when you look at it, unlike when you are unable to process due to being out of attempts. This fixed itself randomly the other day after about 7 hours of playtime but we could not get it to unbug in our game tonight so we have been running around with a full cargo of scrap unable to do anything with it.

Thank you for looking into this!

EngBot

Re: Bugged Scrap Processing

Post by EngBot » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:13 pm

Processing requires:
either the Item Upgrader or Component upgrader talent.
you to have not failed three attempts that warp
you not have just joined - first joined sector counts as having three fails
That you aren't currently under the effects of the "scrap process interrupt" bug

The bug happens when someone finishes processes the scrap while you're processing it, causing your game to be stuck processing that slot without a UI.

effects of the bug are:
can't process other scrap
can't interact with sensor dish, atomizer, or pilot stations
Other player may lose bodies, head and jetpack remain
Can't talk to NPCs
Can't go to Hubs or planets without falling through the ground - general stores, warp stations, and repair depots are fine though
may be unable to view component names in cargo when looking at them

Current Fix: A component enters the cargo slot of the scrap you were interrupted on, this can be done by picking up scrap, buying components, or captain moving cargo into the slot. You will see a processing UI show for a split second with the name of the component that entered the slot (e.g Processing Radioactivity Sensor)
Breaker of all the things

Bearier

Re: Bugged Scrap Processing

Post by Bearier » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:47 am

Thank you for the reply. I read all of the bugs you mentioned before posting. I do not believe this is the same as none of the solutions you posted have worked for us and we have the talents necessary.