Beta 25.2 - Ship parts disappearing

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Olive Pudding

Beta 25.2 - Ship parts disappearing

Post by Olive Pudding » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:30 pm

----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: Beta 25.2
Date and Time Encountered (12/07/19)
Severity: Urgent
Description of Bug: Ship components disappear upon game load or component installation at Supply Depots
Steps to Reproduce: Uninstall component, install another and component will disappear and ship slot is empty.
Possible Workaround: Sometimes can install components after a game load/warp and have them stay but seems random

Hi,
After updating to 25.2, my crew and I noticed some weird cases of ship components completely disappearing.
On our first load (game started from beta 24) after the update, our main turret (CU Long Range) was missing completely. Attempting to slot in any gun that wasn't the original main turret also caused that item to disappear upon installation.

This has also happened to our Captain's Chair. It randomly disappeared after a fight and slotting in anything other than the original chair causes the item to disappear upon installation; this also happens to our side turrets when trying to swap/upgrade them.

Was told that this is a game update incompatibility so we started a new game post beta 25.2 and fought the Grim Cutlass again to obtain a CU Long Range. Attempting to slot in the CU Long Range caused the component to disappear again and the main turret slot is empty with the CU Long Range nowhere to be found.

Rama

Re: Beta 25.2 - Ship parts disappearing

Post by Rama » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:24 am

Since the others who were urged to write in the forum or to mail the bug didn't post here and one cannot be certain if they wrote a mail:

This issue is not limited to Olive. Many people (at least 6 I think?) reported it in the steam discussion and the discord (all were pointed to this forum or to mail). It affected old saves, but people also reported it affecting new saves. Sadly not more details were given. Hope they mailed it.

Jmall187

Post by Jmall187 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:27 am

I am experiencing this issue as well. I however, was able to re-create it, and have noticed some things about it.

It seems to only happen to the following items:

1) Racing Thrusters of all kinds.
2) Any ship item I bought, or upgraded within the racing systems.

I was able to recreate this bug on both my old save, and upon starting a game and traveling to the races.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the reports! We just released Beta 25.3 which should alleviate this issue.

Release notes: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4685

Olive Pudding

Post by Olive Pudding » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:26 am

That's awesome, thank you!
Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow