Saitek X52 Un-bindable controls

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
justinjah91

Saitek X52 Un-bindable controls

Post by justinjah91 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 am

Sorry for the spam, but since these are different issues I decided they needed separate posts.
----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: Beta 30.3
Date and Time Encountered (DD/MM/YY, HH:MM (12h format)): 22/02/21, 09:39 PM US Central
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): None
Severity: Annoying
Description of Bug: Only 1 out of 4 positions (up, but not down, left, or right) on the X52 throttle hat switch can be mapped. When mapping the up position, it is listed as joystick button 19. Perhaps there is a max of 20 buttons in the control settings (0-19)?
Steps to Reproduce: If you have an x52, try mapping the other positions on that hat switch
Possible Workaround: None
Screenshots and/or Video: https://imgur.com/a/xVWGlZP
Notes: Is this a huge deal, no not really. But since you guys have recently fixed HOTAS detection, I thought you might want to know about this issue.
Hardware Configuration:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 4600H
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650
RAM: 8 GB
Motherboard: HP Pavilion 570 Slimline 270 Series Intel Socket LGA1151
HDD: N/A
SSD: 1 TB

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Saitek X52 Un-bindable controls

Post by cptslog » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Thanks for the detailed report and photo

As you mentioned, seems like a limit of 20 somewhere in the input system. I will look into expanding the limit but it might be a limitation of the engine

justinjah91

Re: Saitek X52 Un-bindable controls

Post by justinjah91 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:03 pm

cptslog wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:31 pm
Thanks for the detailed report and photo

As you mentioned, seems like a limit of 20 somewhere in the input system. I will look into expanding the limit but it might be a limitation of the engine
I completely understand if that is the case, and if it is a hard limit it is not a huge problem. I can work around it