SUBMISSION: Vulpes Station

Post and discuss community hub design submissions here!
Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:23 pm

• Vulpes Station is a large research station owned by the robot foxes and built in orbit around an ice planet. The ice planet is being used as a cooling system for a planet wide supercomputer.

Few are granted access to the planets surface, but all are welcome to the visitor section of the research station. The visitor section contains a market, breathable atmosphere, and a tavern. The rest of the station contains an argon atmosphere. This prevents most fires while still allowing robot fox cooling systems to function, and does not corrode materials. In order to gain access deeper into the station requires either a permit or that you be part of the research team.

Not many people know the location of the station, but finding out isn't impossible, as someone has to supply all the parts they need for their research.

The robot foxes have been working on this supercomputer for quite some time now, and have only recently completed it. It's purpose is unknown to all but the government of the robot fox planet (which is run by a single AI created by the robot foxes to fill the role of a government), and the chief researcher on the station. Based on some of the imports to this station, some speculate that the robot foxes are conducting research on what makes up the universe in order to create their own along side ours, or to simulate this one in order to predict the future with greater accuracy than ever before (or perhaps even both).

I might add more later, depends on if I think up more stuff. :P
    Zukaro Travon
    Robotic Fox

Zukaro
    Alpha Tester

Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:23 am

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:25 am

• BRILLIANT!
    Eat Biscuit;
    Feel Butter!

VeaMia
    Alpha Tester

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:35 pm

• The27thS wrote:What about being built into a comet?

Wai? :p
    But I don't think a comet would work so well, especially if you wanna have a space station orbit it (as it doesn't have enough gravity to orbit).
    Zukaro Travon
    Robotic Fox

Zukaro
    Alpha Tester

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:11 pm

• It wouldn't orbit the comet so much as be built directly into it for direct access to the water.

The27thS
    Alpha Tester

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:30 am

• I came here for this post, was not disappointed.

Vulpes Station is a brilliant idea!

EternalWinter

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Return to Community Hub Design Submissions

Information