Submission: United Factions

Post and discuss community hub design submissions here!
BibleClinger
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Submission: United Factions

Post by BibleClinger » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:31 pm

This may be a basic idea, and perhaps some other hub could perform this purpose, but I would find it interesting if a United Factions hub would be considered. This United Factions hub would function along the lines of how the United Nations works, and something of a compromise to the Colonial Federation failing to have everyone under its jurisdiction. Every faction is allowed in, including the Alliance. Its purpose is diplomatic and to give a voice even to dissenting factions. Diplomats and emissaries would be found there. Missions could be given to the players based on random intergalactic incidents that could be happening.

For example, let's say that the Federation and W.D. Corporation are arguing over who owns a particular sector. You might be given an official United Factions mission as a peacekeeping entity to go to the sector and work out some difference. Otherwise, you might be given a mission to deliver a message to that sector in person. For a better twist, while many missions might be given toward peaceful ends, you might still be offered a secret mission to cause trouble to benefit a warring party. For the example given above, perhaps the W.D. Corporation might not appreciate the time that the United Factions is taking in resolving who actually owns the sector, so they ask you to go to the disputed sector and perform some covert operation for them that would further their goals.

This is just the basic idea. If it's a bad idea, I'd rather not expand much beyond this for now. If there is interest, I'm sure it could be expanded.

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Submission: United Factions

Post by yacabo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:27 pm

+1
I love space