v0.49a Release Notes / Devlog #46

Official Announcements are here!
cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

v0.49a Release Notes / Devlog #46

Post by cptslog » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Hello everyone!

Version 0.49a should be out now! As always, it may take a bit for the Humble page to update if you are direct downloading.

Devlog #46 is available on YouTube: http://youtu.be/IIiBWRusOEU

In this update we decided to finally tackle the trading menu UI as well as implement seamless warp travel! Warp travel was one of the trickier things we’ve implemented and we still consider it fairly early (Players may experience slight stutters). A long time ago we actually had seamless warp travel but as time went on, the complexity of each sector grew and we had to add loading screens. Version 0.49a should hopefully bring warping closer to what we originally envisioned when starting this game.

Today is kind of a special day for us! It marks the 1 year anniversary of our Alpha Release! It really doesn’t feel like a year to us, it’s been such an amazing experience and we’ve learned a ton working on pulsar and talking with you all. Your support, insightful feedback ,encouraging comments and discussions have meant the world to us. We honestly can’t thank you all enough for all that you’ve done for us so far.

Additions
-Added a new system for async level loading which allows the ship and crew to experience seamless warp travel (Still early)
-Added new system for stars and visuals (Still early)
-Added more variations for SubSurface Station Interiors
-Overhauled the trading menu visuals and functionality.
-Players can now sort items in the trading menu by Name, Type, or Price.
-Added an early “brightness” slider in the video settings

Changes
-Updates to how sector information is viewed while piloting the ship, sector information will now change based on distance and relative location, (this is especially apparent during warp).
-Tweaked some fonts
-Slightly adjusted the overview section of the TAB Menu
-Modified how ambient light is portrayed in space
-Players can now install and move ship components when they are near a station that offers that service, without needing to go to the Comms tab

Fixes
-Fixed issues with a double spawn point potentially found in subsurface stations
-Comms menu should no longer draw multiple options on top of each other
-Switching components should now work better when the ships cargo bay is full.
-Players can no longer purchase a component when the cargo bay is full.
-Fixed a potential issue with the vignette system

Our plans for the next update will likely be focused on fixing as many bugs as possible and many small improvements across the board.

Thanks for your time!

Best,
The Leafy Games Team

casauchi

Re: v0.49a Release Notes / Devlog #46

Post by casauchi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Happy 1 year anniversary! It's been a very exciting year, you guys have done an excellent job so far. Here's to another year! :D

tueman

Post by tueman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Great work! I'm really digging the warping!

One thing I'd love to have is a display of how many credits we have in the shop menu. It's a hassle to go to the main screen just to look at it.

Great work!

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by yacabo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:09 pm

An entire year, wow

A year ago all there was was a drone, a few broken down ships, some weapons, and engineering. Look at what we have now
I love space

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Thanks guys for the kind words! :D
tueman wrote:Great work! I'm really digging the warping!

One thing I'd love to have is a display of how many credits we have in the shop menu. It's a hassle to go to the main screen just to look at it.

Great work!
I agree, being able to see the clearly see in the credits in the trading menu is important!

CaptainZeo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by CaptainZeo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:44 am

Yes !!!
Finally, this game is taking shape, and becomes more awesome as the time passes !
The new menu UI is great , and the warp effect is just as we expect it to be in the future.
Great work !!!
Just one thing : is the pilot view be as is or will it be added some cockpit view, because as is i feel very alone when i take command...
You know what i mean ?
In space no one can hear you shout ...

Blueangelman36
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Blueangelman36 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:19 pm

Wow, has it really been a year? I remember first opening the game and thinking how cool it was, excited for the future. You have done an amazing job, can't wait for what's to come!

We appreciate your hard work and dedication