Beta 4.2 Release Notes

Official Announcements are here!
cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Beta 4.2 Release Notes

Post by cptslog » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Hello everyone!

4.2 should be out now, contains a few more fixes! Players may experience a disconnect from the voice chat server after a few hours if they don't update to this version.

In this update, we've made some changes that should allow us to make adjustments to the voice chat server without too many issues on your end. If we need to restart the server for some reason, your game will be notified and will automatically restart the voice chat system to reconnect to the server instance.

We don’t expect to do this often, but when we do, issues should only be present for 30 seconds or so!

Fixes
-Temporarily removed some code preventing bots from standing on top of each other, it was causing a few issues which we’ll sort out before adding it back.
-Made a few improvements to the turret networking code
-Captains who are not the host should now be able to purchase items from a trading station
-Auto turrets will now only shoot mines when the ship is in green alert, we might change this in the future, but for now it should provide some more control!
-Made some changes to the networking system to hopefully reduce any lost messages / desyncs when joining a game.

Thanks for your time!

Best,
The Leafy Games Team

caster

Re: Beta 4.2 Release Notes

Post by caster » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:30 pm

So I just jumped on this game as Beta 4.2 landed and saw in the patch notes that it was getting some pretty regular updates to that point and expected that trend to continue. However I must conclude that the dev team is either working on a really big patch or, much like the rest of us, has blacked out on Fallout 4 and are no longer sure what year it is. While I would prefer the prior, I would totally understand the latter. =D

Happy holidays and thanks for a great game!

Trusin

Post by Trusin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:33 pm

According to the steam page they are working on a UI overhaul and will have an update out later this month.

datsdana
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by datsdana » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:24 pm

for anyone that has missed the post on the steam community hub,

http://steamcommunity.com/games/252870/ ... 0973680673

wolwe

Post by wolwe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:47 pm

datsdana wrote:for anyone that has missed the post on the steam community hub,

http://steamcommunity.com/games/252870/ ... 0973680673
Awesome! Thank you! I totally missed that!
Btw sweet update. I love the fact, that we'll get an UI overhaul. There is much ground to cover, still.

tjblackhawk
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by tjblackhawk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:45 pm

My apologies for not posting sooner, life has been busy. I've finally had some time to sit down and play the latest update, which is GREAT! Can't wait to see what you bring next! Keep up the great work!

Death seekers, and phase drones are quite a bit of fun to fight :D (I can finally say that now that I've fought both)
"Never give up! Never surrender!"