Another heads up about Beta 5

Official Announcements are here!
cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Another heads up about Beta 5

Post by cptslog » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello everyone!

We wanted to get the community up-to-date on PULSAR’s development. Our plan was to finish up the build (Beta 5) and release it on Dec 31st. We have been hard at work doing the final lap of internal testing and bug fixing to make sure it is a playable experience when it releases.

We have found some serious bugs that can cause desync when warping so that the incorrect level is loaded on some clients. This causes all sorts of issues and is serious enough for us to delay the release of Beta 5 until they are fixed.

We will continue our work to fix it but wanted to make sure that you guys were aware that it might delay the update from the “late December” deadline into an “early January” deadline. We are unable to give a precise release window at this time but believe it will be on or before the 4th of January.

This is going to be one of the most comprehensive updates we have released since Beta and we wanted to make sure it is stable and somewhat polished when it is released.

Here’s a preview of some of the new content / features in Beta 5: http://imgur.com/a/UGQCm

Thanks for your time and we apologize for the delay!

The Leafy Games Team

Marethyu

Re: Another heads up about Beta 5

Post by Marethyu » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:03 pm

This looks great!
Thanks for the update

Pandemic08
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Pandemic08 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks for the update guys. I'm glad you are taking your time with it, I would much rather wait for it and have it work than get it early and broken. You guys are the best. :)

tjblackhawk
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by tjblackhawk » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Pandemic08 wrote:Thanks for the update guys. I'm glad you are taking your time with it, I would much rather wait for it and have it work than get it early and broken. You guys are the best. :)
What he said. Happy New Years, and keep up the great work!
"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Reef

Post by Reef » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:56 am

In my opinion quality release is much more important than a precise deadline. We've been waiting for quite some time already, so a week this way or that way does not change much, but gamebreaking bugs like the one you mentioned DO matter.