Official Announcements are here!
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Beta 11.3-11.4 Release Notes

Post by Edinstein » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Hey everyone!

Beta 11.3 is now out.

Over the past few days, we’ve gotten reports about games being disrupted by players who are using an exploit to enter private games. This update focuses on strengthening the kick features and making private games more secure. We have more planned to combat exploits like this in the future, and from this update forward game security has become a much bigger priority for us.

Please note that the Leafy Games development team does not enter player games, especially for the purposes of hindering gameplay. Anyone who enters a game and claims to be a developer does not represent our team. Our job is to try and make an enjoyable experience for PULSAR’s players. Please know that none of us would ever sabotage your games.

Changes
-Private games are more secure than before
-Kick functionality is more secure
-Only the Captain can send messages to kick players

Here are some tips we believe might be useful while we continue to add more security in the following updates:
-Save often
-Try to use the private game setting when you are content with your current crew. You can change the setting while playing the game by going to the ESC menu and clicking on “Edit Game Settings”. Remember to click “Apply Changes” afterward.
-Be skeptical about player names that you see, anyone can put anything as their name.

As always, let us know if you encounter any issues. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re grateful for everyone’s reports.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble, and we hope this update is a good first step to improve the security of your games in PULSAR.

If you’re traveling this week, we hope you have a safe trip.

Beta 11.4 is now out, this mainly fixes a few network issues that began with the last update.

Fixes
-Items, inventories and lockers should be networked better
-Scientist scans and the engineering switchboard should be networked better
-The text chat box should work properly now

Thanks for the reports!
Best,
The Leafy Games Team

tjblackhawk
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Beta 11.3-11.4 Release Notes

Post by tjblackhawk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Thank you guys so much for such a fast response. I greatly appreciate all the concern and effort you put into this game and community.
"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Apol

Post by Apol » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Thank you for your prompt attention to this, it was really making the game unplayable.

PTSFP Paul

Post by PTSFP Paul » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:16 am

Maybe you guys should focus on the root cause of the issue. Logging in to 83% of the games being private.
Players are devising hacks to be able to join a game to play.
HMMMMMMM...

Shaftoe

Post by Shaftoe » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:08 pm

I hope there will be more content. Suggestion section is swarming with ideas.

DylMan62

Post by DylMan62 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:49 pm

I wish you guys would look at the suggestion page more often and implement some of the ideas because they all really are amazing, everyone is chipping in to try and make this game better for them, the players that parted with their cash to support your product. Leafy Games is a small dev team, you really can't afford to not listen to your community like all the big companies ( *COUGH* *COUGH* ACTIVISION *COUGH* *COUGH*). The suggestion page is teeming with brilliant ideas, it would send such a strong message of loyalty and respect to your fans if you put our ideas in the game. Why make a suggestion page if you don't act on whats been suggested?

victort
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by victort » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 pm

please don't compare 2 dudes and a tiny pile of cash to Activison.

Also, i don't know any game with devs more responsive to their community.

patience is my only advice for people who want more stuff in the game.

I bought this game last year and forgot about it. i started playing again as of 10.7, and it is now my favorite game uber alles!

Even if the distinct lack of content is distinct, there is more game in this game than many other games. Stuff will come over time. All we can do is wait. Come back in a year if you're done playing. i bet there'll be a lot of cool stuff by then!

anyway, thanks devs. keep up the good work. looking forward to whatever is to come, whenever it's ready.

:mrgreen:

Kitchner
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Kitchner » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:04 am

DylMan62 wrote:I wish you guys would look at the suggestion page more often and implement some of the ideas because they all really are amazing, everyone is chipping in to try and make this game better for them, the players that parted with their cash to support your product. Leafy Games is a small dev team, you really can't afford to not listen to your community like all the big companies ( *COUGH* *COUGH* ACTIVISION *COUGH* *COUGH*). The suggestion page is teeming with brilliant ideas, it would send such a strong message of loyalty and respect to your fans if you put our ideas in the game. Why make a suggestion page if you don't act on whats been suggested?

As a player who parted with my cash to play this game some time ago, after watching this small dev team passionately work on the project for 12 months prior to me buying my second ever early access game, let me say the vast majority of ideas on the suggestions board are trash.

They generally fall into three categories:

1) Things that are not within the scope of the game
2) Things that are within the scope of the game, but out of reach for a small dev team
3) Things that are within the scope of the game and possible for the dev team to do

Anything in category 1 should be ignored (such as calls for extra crew slots), as should everything in 2 ( such as realistic and location based ship damage).

Of category 3 half the suggestions at least are just bad in terms of gameplay and balance.

There was a time where the suggestion forum was full of category 3 suggestions. This is good and the fact half aren't good suggestions is fine, because it's all part of the process and having different views is good.

These days 90% of the suggestions feel like they are categories 1 or 2, and actually are useless to the devs.