Beta 13 Coming Soon!

Official Announcements are here!
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Beta 13 Coming Soon!

Post by Edinstein » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Hey everyone!

Beta 13 is very close to release. We’ll be adding a handful of new planets and missions, but the biggest change will likely be VR support and some updated menus. Earlier in the month, we mentioned that we were going to look into supporting touch controllers for the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive. After quite a bit of work, we are happy to say that PULSAR will have support for those devices! Working on VR support has been a fun and interesting challenge, and we’re very close to having something to share with you all.

We’ll release Beta 13 as soon as it’s ready. Adding motion controllers took a bit longer than we anticipated, but we think it’ll really add to the experience. We apologize for the delay, and we look forward to your feedback.

Below are screenshots of some of the new content that’s arriving with Beta 13:

Link to a GIF of the motion controllers in action: http://i.imgur.com/EAuKhu7.gif

Thank you for your time!

Best,
The Leafy Games Team

Shaftoe

Re: Beta 13 Coming Soon!

Post by Shaftoe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:49 am

I really hope that after this you'll add more quality oriented content, not just missions and bosses.

If this game is about space, then we need more ship's features. Such as long range sensors, radar (I mean entire bearing system http://www.lcarscom.net/bearing.htm) and better balanced weaponry.

Also, agressive pirate ships could be stronger. Most of opponents are too weak by the end of the game.

AnubisGrim
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by AnubisGrim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 am

Will you be able to mix VR and non-VR players on the same ship? I'd love to keep playing with my buddies but I'm the only one with VR.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Hey Shaftoe!

By quality focused content you mean things like new mechanics? We're planning another round of tweaks to sensors and the starmap sometime. I can't guarantee we'll have an entire bearing system in the game, but it's definitely worth discussing with the team. Balancing everything is tricky, especially when we are frequently adding new mechanics and content. If you have any suggestions on how to better balance the current version of the game, we'd appreciate the feedback. Otherwise any major balance passes will start when things begin to settle down with development!

Hey AnubisGrim! We are certainly going to keep play cross-compatible. You should be able to play with VR players and non-VR players like you can play with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.

Hope this clarifies!

Xanoxis

Post by Xanoxis » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:08 am

Hey, what kind of movement will be in VR? Trackpad and teleportation? I think choice between those two is important.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 pm

We'll have direct movement locomotion, no teleportation.

Hope that clarifies! More information will be coming soon.

Xanoxis

Post by Xanoxis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:45 am

Sounds great :) At least I hope there will be slider to slow down locomotion for some people to not make them sick. Too fast movement could make many people sick while playing. And cmon, release it already, I want to buy your game already :P