Beta 13.1 Release Notes

Official Announcements are here!
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

• Hey everyone!

Beta 13.1 is out now. It contains a few fixes and tweaks based on player feedback. Thanks for all your reports and comments!

If you haven’t seen our release notes for initial VR support, please check them out here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3324

Fixes:
    -Fixed an input system issue that caused all input to be ignored on some Mac and Linux computers
    -Fixed an input system that prevented smooth interactions with ship world UI (hailing, research, etc)
    -Fixed an issue that would sometimes not display the weapon / equipped item properly, especially when visiting a planet or station
    -Fixed an issue involving the inventory and being able to “unequip” hands as well as other strange things
    -Fixed issue that caused old/unavailable games to show in join game list
    -Fixed a strange respawn issue involving the Outrider-Class Starship

Changes:
    -Pilot UI now shows the next waypoint when displaying sectors
    -Pilot UI text / scale has been tweaked to be more readable
    -Join game menu now shows whether a game is private or public with a small lock icon
    -Game now internally uses Lowest settings when playing in VR to help prevent certain rendering errors. We will change this back once the issues are fixed.

Known Issues:
    -Turrets are not very usable in VR
    -Some visuals previously available in piloting HUD need to be redone (keen eyes)
    -Some menus do not currently have gamepad support
    -Virtual keyboard doesn’t work outside of VR (ex. Gamepad on monitor)
    -The Customize Appearance menu is not fully supported in VR
    -Rendering bug in VR where ship interiors disappear in certain rotations. Playing VR in Lowest settings seems to mostly prevent it for the moment
    -Scanner doesn’t respond to motion controller input

Thank you for your time!

Best,
    The Leafy Games Team

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:51 pm

• Fanatical_Meat wrote:Does A13/A13.1 require a restart/new game to find the new planets or station?

It shouldn't, the galaxy will update even in a save file.

A Pulsar save file has two parts: ship and galaxy data. When something changes to the galaxy that data will be wiped but the ship data should more or less stick around unless there are drastic changes to the save file format.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:03 am

• Feedback on Linux Mint: The game works again.

Minor problems:
    • The dark-blue screen on startup is still there, albeit its only for a few seconds now.
    • Entering video-options the first time shows the screen resulution in the corresponding field. Entering video-options later, the screen resolution field is blank again.

Annoying problem:
    One problem I noticed only on Linux (on Windows it is fine) is the mouse cursor (and yes, I tried different mouses). Especially in rooms with many ingame screens the cursor jerks and judders. It seems to want to "stick" to ingame screens even when being far away from them.

And: The way the cursor sticks to a screen is such that it can barely be moved in a controlled manner. The cursor seems to be "unwilling" to leave the active screen, I often have to violently shake the mouse to escape. I guess it is meant to be jumping from option to option on a screen but it does not work and I have to manually release the cursor to use the ingame screens. Which is annoying of course. FPS are stable btw.

elquasamoto

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:18 pm

• elquasamoto wrote:Feedback on Linux Mint: The game works again.

Minor problems:
    • The dark-blue screen on startup is still there, albeit its only for a few seconds now.
    • Entering video-options the first time shows the screen resulution in the corresponding field. Entering video-options later, the screen resolution field is blank again.

Annoying problem:
    One problem I noticed only on Linux (on Windows it is fine) is the mouse cursor (and yes, I tried different mouses). Especially in rooms with many ingame screens the cursor jerks and judders. It seems to want to "stick" to ingame screens even when being far away from them.

And: The way the cursor sticks to a screen is such that it can barely be moved in a controlled manner. The cursor seems to be "unwilling" to leave the active screen, I often have to violently shake the mouse to escape. I guess it is meant to be jumping from option to option on a screen but it does not work and I have to manually release the cursor to use the ingame screens. Which is annoying of course. FPS are stable btw.

Thanks for the report about that cursor issue. We'll look into it! As for the blank resolution field, I think it's mainly due to the fact that the game window can now be resized to any shape, we'll look into getting that looking better too.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Return to Announcements

Information