Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Official Announcements are here!
Post Reply
User avatar
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by Edinstein » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Hey everyone!

Beta 13.5 is now available. Provides a variety of fixes and optimizations.
Thanks to everyone who sent in a report or gave us feedback!

If you haven’t seen our release notes for initial VR support, please check them out here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/252870/ ... 7746072907

Fixes:
-Ship UI (piloting / turret UI) now shows up above world objects
-Ship damage numbers have been re-added
-Launching in No VR mode should work more consistently
-In-game UI now defaults to on for new players

Changes:
-Piloting talent Keen Eyes should now work in VR mode
-MegaTurret UI should now work in VR mode
-Missile Lock UI should now work in VR mode
-Credits and Manual have been redone to work in VR mode
-Some turret fire rates / damage / power usage tweaked
-Outrider starting programs changed (added some speciality programs, removed viruses)
-Intrepid starts with original turrets (Missile Turret replaced with Laser Turret)
-Can no longer blind jump an enemy ship
-Added the ability to bind a joystick axis to an input key action in the Controls menu, this should allow Xbox One controllers to fire weapons using the trigger
-Some minor tweaks to the default controller bindings for the PS4 and Xbox One controllers

Optimizations:
-CPU optimizations related to wandering NPCs in hubs
-Small CPU and memory optimizations in various internal systems
-New lighting optimizations that partially or fully disable lights based on light properties and distance


Thank you for your time!

Best,
The Leafy Games Team

SnakesPaw
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by SnakesPaw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Any word on the Fluffy Biscuit ship? It's been 4 years... :(

User avatar
Shaftoe
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by Shaftoe » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 pm

It appears you forgot to fix Grim Cutlass' animations and bridge lightning.

User avatar
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by Edinstein » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:16 pm

SnakesPaw wrote:Any word on the Fluffy Biscuit ship? It's been 4 years... :(
We're still planning on it! It will be the next faction we add, and we want to have that update contain a lot of new stuff (special planets, missions, unique faction mechanics, new starting ship, new dialogue options for Hails and NPC's, etc). We certainly haven't forgotten about them though!
Shaftoe wrote:It appears you forgot to fix Grim Cutlass' animations and bridge lightning.
I just saw your last comment and responded to it. I'll copy that response here:
Shaftoe wrote:Just FIX Grim Cutlass visuals already!

Captured Grim Cutlass visual is totally broken (and not captured too, checked). Reverse engines always appear to be on, though they don't generate thrust unless you make them to. See the picture below:
http://i.imgur.com/JsRHY4D.png

Also, get back underline and space to players' nicknames! It's crucial.
Is there anything else that's wrong with the Grim Cutlass besides the reverse thruster visuals? We'll look into it!

I assume the underline and space features were lost during the UI changes in Beta 13. We'll look into that too!

In regards to the reports about the lighting on the Grim Cutlass, we haven't been able replicate this issue but we'll keep trying. If you could email us one of your save files or an output log that might help us track down these issues!

Email: team@leafygames.com

User avatar
Bleet
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by Bleet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Edinstein wrote: -Some turret fire rates / damage / power usage tweaked
I'm quite curious, what exactly did you change with the weapons? (Also, did you take any inspriation from this old post?)

User avatar
Shaftoe
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by Shaftoe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Edinstein wrote:
SnakesPaw wrote:Any word on the Fluffy Biscuit ship? It's been 4 years... :(
We're still planning on it! It will be the next faction we add, and we want to have that update contain a lot of new stuff (special planets, missions, unique faction mechanics, new starting ship, new dialogue options for Hails and NPC's, etc). We certainly haven't forgotten about them though!
Shaftoe wrote:It appears you forgot to fix Grim Cutlass' animations and bridge lightning.
I just saw your last comment and responded to it. I'll copy that response here:
Shaftoe wrote:Just FIX Grim Cutlass visuals already!

Captured Grim Cutlass visual is totally broken (and not captured too, checked). Reverse engines always appear to be on, though they don't generate thrust unless you make them to. See the picture below:
http://i.imgur.com/JsRHY4D.png

Also, get back underline and space to players' nicknames! It's crucial.
Is there anything else that's wrong with the Grim Cutlass besides the reverse thruster visuals? We'll look into it!

I assume the underline and space features were lost during the UI changes in Beta 13. We'll look into that too!

In regards to the reports about the lighting on the Grim Cutlass, we haven't been able replicate this issue but we'll keep trying. If you could email us one of your save files or an output log that might help us track down these issues!

Email: team@leafygames.com
And that is the wierdest part. I do not have this issue. My friends do. They describe Grim Cutlass (only Grim Cutlass) as an extremely dark place.

User avatar
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by Edinstein » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pm

We did some testing on our end and just found the issue. The lighting issue is based off of the quality settings, we usually only select a small number of lights to be active on the lowest quality settings and none were assigned in the bridge of the Grim Cutlass. The next update (Beta 13.6) should fix the lighting and thruster issues. Sorry for the inconvenience!

User avatar
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: Beta 13.5 Release Notes

Post by Edinstein » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Bleet wrote:
Edinstein wrote: -Some turret fire rates / damage / power usage tweaked
I'm quite curious, what exactly did you change with the weapons? (Also, did you take any inspriation from this old post?)
Mostly an obscene amount of small tweaks in dozens of various places, mainly though, turrets should fire a bit faster is what Cptslog tells me. We are planning on spending some time looking at balancing in Beta 14 so we'll be sure to give your thread a read. Thanks for linking it!

Post Reply