Beta 13.6 Release Notes

Official Announcements are here!
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Beta 13.6 Release Notes

Post by Edinstein » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Hey everyone!

Beta 13.6 is now available. It’s a small hotfix with various fixes and tweaks.
Thanks to everyone who sent in a report or gave us feedback!

Fixes:
-Fixed a terrain visual issue on a planet
-Fixed issue that caused certain equipped items to incorrectly appear in piloting view in VR
-Fixed controller mapping issue in SteamVR mode that could cause performance issues in certain situations
-Fixed issue that prevented locked doors from working if another crewmember has the required item
-Fixed a small dialogue issue on Lotharus 9

Changes:

-Can now use spaces and underscores in player names when editing from Game Settings menu
-Grim Cutlass thruster visual issues should be fixed
-Grim Cutlass bridge lighting issues should be fixed
-Additional runtime memory optimizations

Thank you for your time!

Best,
The Leafy Games Team

Shaftoe

Re: Beta 13.6 Release Notes

Post by Shaftoe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Another bug's been found. My friend reported that now you can only quit the game via menu button. ANY other variant WILL corrupt the last save file (i.e. saved during the game you quit).

Also, I should have reported this earlier, tracker missiles are practically useless due to their low damage. They would be useful if players will shoot 5 missiles per volley. Actually, all missiles at the moment are totally useless. Tracker is fast and weak, W.D. special is slow and just-not-enough-powerful, shield piercer is decent, but lacking and completely optional. We believe, total overhaul of the entire missile system is needed.

Also, it would be really good if you'll deliver some new useful content and small features one day. Such as assignment of a second in command (aka game moderator) for chosen player, ground combat and movement overhaul, additional faces and masks for characters (from NPCs at Outpost 448, for example).

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Thanks for the report! I've tried closing the window, ending the game through the task manager, even shutting my computer down after making a save. Do you happen to know the method used for quitting the game, or perhaps what a corrupted save looks like? I'll keep looking into it in the meantime.

We've begun to take a look at all of the ship components / weapons in an effort to give ship combat a balance pass, this includes missiles! We're planning on doing several improvements to ground combat soon too. By improvements to movement, I assume you're referring to things like crouching/jumping?

Second in command would be really nice but it's a big task, we'll be looking into it once we move towards our final networking solution.

Shaftoe

Post by Shaftoe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:15 pm

About movement: I mean overhauled and somehow balanced walking, running, sprinting. Crouching would be a great addition too. But mostly I mean AI behavior and movement. They should become more realistic and smooth. AI's aim also should be a bit less precise.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Shaftoe wrote:About movement: I mean overhauled and somehow balanced walking, running, sprinting. Crouching would be a great addition too. But mostly I mean AI behavior and movement. They should become more realistic and smooth.
I see, we actually had smoother AI locomotion but we found that in our testing they would sometimes get stuck on certain corners. We're planning on adding that effect back though once we iron our some of the wrinkles.