A message about the Alpha!

Official Announcements are here!
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

A message about the Alpha!

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:06 pm

We were planning on having this message be displayed before the game starts, that doesn't seem to be the case as of this moment, since we are simple trying to get everyone the build.

Here it is:

This game is currently in a very early ALPHA stage. It would be wise to expect bugs, crashes, networking mishaps and broken systems.

Please know that these problems are all temporary we will be continually working to make the game more stable throughout development!

This early test has a limited amount of content and systems. Testing small and slowly expanding will be our approach from here on out. We aim to update frequently, so please check back every now and then to see the improvements!

Thank you for being a part of this test. We would love your feedback on our forums!

If you encounter any bugs, feel free to tell us about them on our forum or email
bugs@leafygames.com.

Thank you!
Things are pretty hectic right now, but that's life!
We'll get everyone sorted as soon as we can!

JB2K
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: A message about the Alpha!

Post by JB2K » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Will the game automatically update through Steam throughout the alpha period.?

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:13 pm

JB2K wrote:Will the game automatically update through Steam throughout the alpha period.?
Yep! We aim to be sending out lots of updates in the next few days especially!

Isramon
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Isramon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Edinstein wrote:Yep! We aim to be sending out lots of updates in the next few days especially!
hey edinstein i know this is not the place but i sent you a private message can you have a look at it please?
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

timbob1232

Post by timbob1232 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:17 pm

could you please do somthing about the join crew screen, i cant seem to find my firends game on there and he cant find me its just a bunch of numbers and letters

JB2K
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by JB2K » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:20 pm

timbob1232 wrote:could you please do somthing about the join crew screen, i cant seem to find my firends game on there and he cant find me its just a bunch of numbers and letters
You have the wrong version. Read the other announcement post please.

timbob1232

Post by timbob1232 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:30 pm

i have updated, ive now got the 'push any key to conintue' screen and the bridge looks alot diffrent

RestNow
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by RestNow » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 pm

not get key yet but not have rush :)

beardy
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by beardy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering.... From what i can see lots of people are playing the game. I was an early backer on kickstarter and i'm not playing the game (no key received).

Are there issues with the key distribution or have you just not sent my key yet. There has been no updates about the a phased key release and lots of people playing so i'm guessing you just forgot about me :(

If there are issues then i understand the delay however if i have been missed this is just a friendly reminder. (please send my key!)

beardy
Last edited by beardy on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bcbotkiller007
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by bcbotkiller007 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Just wanted to clarify since I notice a bunch of people are already playing. Will there be an email going out with the proper download links for those who didn't receive a Steam key yet? (also read the other thread about steam version being pre-alpha)