Current Situation Update

Official Announcements are here!
shireknight
Visionary
Visionary

Re: Current Situation Update

Post by shireknight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 pm

KevMscotland wrote:Well just got the Kickstarter update email ( not the key yet ) so if you received that fine then you should at least know everything's in good working order. ;)
See that's the problem with being an optimist, I'm a pessimist so when I got the update I expected it to be just an update and never got excited at all :D

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 pm

shireknight wrote:
KevMscotland wrote:Well just got the Kickstarter update email ( not the key yet ) so if you received that fine then you should at least know everything's in good working order. ;)
See that's the problem with being an optimist, I'm a pessimist so when I got the update I expected it to be just an update and never got excited at all :D
Daz the problem with being an optimist or a pessimist. I'm lazy, so when I gawt the update I gawt both emails at the same time, and gawt excited and for a reason. :3 :P

Execpt it dun work on Linux atm cuz Missing Exicutable :p BUT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIX DIZ IF IT INSTALLED AND WAS SIMPLY NOT MARKED EXICUTABLE WHICH IS POSSIBLE
Update:
nu, there ish nu files at all in the folder :p

*will use the other download link instead :p*
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

shireknight
Visionary
Visionary

Post by shireknight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Just got my email and I'm most annoyed that it didn't start "Hello people of the internet" in fact I suspect it's fake and not from Leafy games at all :D

Titan
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Titan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:49 pm

No key yet, but I have a bit of Calculus to work on while I wait. Things could be much worse, so I'm happy.

EDIT: There seems to be a massive influx of spam mail when you are expecting something important.

Pleborian
Visionary
Visionary

Post by Pleborian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 pm

why is this alpha version worse than the one that EnterElysium reviewed MONTHS ago? why do the guns do nothing against the drone? why does the AI sit there and spazz out?????

I know this is supposed to be alpha, but jesus christ this is BAD!!! as it stands I could probably plug a controller in my ass and get a better experience than this......

Titan
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Titan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 pm

Pleborian wrote:why is this alpha version worse than the one that EnterElysium reviewed MONTHS ago? why do the guns do nothing against the drone? why does the AI sit there and spazz out?????

I know this is supposed to be alpha, but jesus christ this is BAD!!! as it stands I could probably plug a controller in my ass and get a better experience than this......
wellllll.... You could always post constructive criticism instead of pulling things out of your ass, you seem like you usually enjoy putting things there.

Pleborian
Visionary
Visionary

Post by Pleborian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:08 pm

im being brutally honest, this is pretty much unacceptable... if you have points that you can counterpoint me with other than some sort of gay joke (you closed minded f**k) then feel free because I doubt that there is ANYONE who got this game today whop will say 'yeah I enjoyed that, even tho there wasnt much there the game is good'

I'm not saying that this game is gonna be crap, I mean I thought the concept was that good I threw more money at it than I had to, but it seems that leafy games are just another one of those dross companies that wanna pump out shit, not acceptable

like I said, if you have any redeeming factors im more than happy to hear them and if there good enough i'll even retract the harsh things im saying right now

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Pleborian wrote:im being brutally honest, this is pretty much unacceptable... if you have points that you can counterpoint me with other than some sort of gay joke (you closed minded f**k) then feel free because I doubt that there is ANYONE who got this game today whop will say 'yeah I enjoyed that, even tho there wasnt much there the game is good'

I'm not saying that this game is gonna be crap, I mean I thought the concept was that good I threw more money at it than I had to, but it seems that leafy games are just another one of those dross companies that wanna pump out shit, not acceptable

like I said, if you have any redeeming factors im more than happy to hear them and if there good enough i'll even retract the harsh things im saying right now
It's an Alpha. You should not be expecting something which even slightly works for the Alpha. Especially the first version of the Alpha.
Why don't you wait until the full release to judge the game this harshly on how well it functions? As that's the time to do so. Whereas in the Alpha what you should be doing is telling the devs what doesn't work so they can fix it, rather than being upset that it doesn't work.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

BinaryExterminator
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by BinaryExterminator » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:17 pm

im being brutally honest, this is pretty much unacceptable... if you have points that you can counterpoint me with other than some sort of gay joke (you closed minded f**k) then feel free because I doubt that there is ANYONE who got this game today whop will say 'yeah I enjoyed that, even tho there wasnt much there the game is good'

You paid for a game. You're participating in a public bug-finding exercise. Get over yourself.

If you could put forward a list of bugs that would be useful to those working their arses off trying to fix them, instead of raging out with childish bulls**t, that'd be great.
"You win again, gravity!"

I usually play as Wilson505 in Pulsar, so now you know who to send angry PMs to when I accidentally break things on your ship...

Titan
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Titan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 pm

"im being brutally honest, this is pretty much unacceptable... "
(Opinion)

"if you have points that you can counterpoint me with other than some sort of gay joke (you closed minded f**k)"
(You said you enjoyed controllers in your ass)

"then feel free because I doubt that there is ANYONE who got this game today whop will say 'yeah I enjoyed that,"
(will one single person from the community please stand up)

"even tho there wasnt much there the game is good"
The game is fantastic! Have you ever seen a small studio even attempt anything on this large of a scale?

"I'm not saying that this game is gonna be crap."
(only rational thing so far)

"I mean I thought the concept was that good"
(The concept still is good)

"I threw more money at it than I had to"
(your choice)

"it seems that leafy games are just another one of those dross companies that wanna pump out shit"
(if you have ever been active on the forums, you could tell they want the best for their game. This is alpha stage of the project.
Note that I did not say game, it is not a game yet.
If you want something 100% error free by all means go check out this list of perfect game launches I have compiled.
http://imgur.com/nvkb6lx
)

"not acceptable"
(Neat!)

EDIT: forgot to link you! :D
Pleborian wrote:im... unacceptable...
Some parts of this quote were omited.