We just pushed out a new patch for you guys: v0.28d!
It should already be available on Steam and through your Humble download page (they are usually very quick about new builds)! We also posted direct download links in the Secret Access forums.
NOTE: This is a mostly feature-focused patch. We expect to find some new bugs involved with the new systems. We are planning a hotfix patch to be released in the next few days in the event there are serious issues found.
- Networked Ship Components (The Captain can now buy / sell ship components from the store menu)
- NEW ENEMY: Security Drone (should provide a bit more of a challenge for full crews)
- Shield Deflection is now implemented (gives a small chance to negate nearly all damage through shields)
- Partial HUD redesign, now shows ships stats
- Q key now directly repairs systems within 5 units (no messy toggle now)
- E key now puts out fires in front of you (no longer Y key)
- New particle effects for repairing systems / putting out fires
- Credits are implemented and syncing (should show in lower right corner) (only the Captain can directly spend crew credits)
- Tweaked ship damage SFX
- Added new music: Ambient Drone 02
- Added new music: Drone Attack 02
- Some behind-the-scenes networking changes that should provide increased stability
- Fixed bug where players would get stuck on blank screen after starting a private game
- Pawn texture has been updated
- Interior lighting has been tweaked to be more consistent
- Projectiles and explosions no longer can light the interior
- Reactor screen doesn't update correctly until looked at directly
- Can't swap hulls, weapons or turrets (will be unlocked in a patch soon due to technical constraints)
- Multiplayer syncing seems to be not as fast / effective
- "Cannot Connect To Photon Cloud" error on starting game for some players
- All stats on Create Game menu are zero for Intrepid
- Some projectiles can light the interior
Remember: This patch is focused on adding features not fixing bugs! We will probably find new bugs with the new features! It's all part of the fun of game development!