Renaming the Weapons Specialist

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:45 pm

  • It seems so odd that anyone wielding a space cannon would call themselves a "Weapons Specialist". Isn't that so clunky and sterile?

    By this same logic, we should call the Scientist the "Information Specialist", the Engineer the "Power Specialist", and the Captain the "Herding-Cats Specialist".

    I propose that the Weapons Specialist be renamed the "Gunner". Important to note: this does not connote that they only use handguns. Check out this precedence:

    A soldier whose role is using artillery is a "gunner".

    A sailor responsible for a ship's cannons is a "gunner".

    And a member of an aircrew operating a machine gun or auto-cannon is a "gunner".

    Bonus: a Guns N' Roses fan is called a Gunner. And we all know that any red-blooded turret-rider is humming "Welcome to the Jungle" while they blow WD pirates out of the sky.
    Beta Tester
    User avatar
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:16 pm

  • Alternative solution: Rip off Star Trek some more and have "Tactical Officers". You're more than just a gunner, too. Missiles/nukes/possible alternative weapon systems can come into your role.
    Beta Tester
    Posts: 124
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:52 am

Return to Your Suggestions

  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest