The Jetpack as a Unlockable

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
BrigadierBenjamin

The Jetpack as a Unlockable

Post by BrigadierBenjamin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 am

I feel the jetpack to be a bit too powerful at the start, how about having it as a unlockable item via research, or perhaps you find it in some ancient ruin or some sort. I realize that you guys are keeping most things unlocked at the start such as ships so they fully tested but I thought I should post my idea incase you guys are not planning this.

Captain Alex

Re: The Jetpack as a Unlockable

Post by Captain Alex » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:49 pm

I agree, Budgie.

EngBot

Post by EngBot » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:00 pm

What about decreasing the base amount of fuel you have and adding a researchable talent that increases the amount?

Having a jetpack is a good thing when you get stuck somewhere, removing it might cause people to become stuck and require them to either reload a save, restart, sit and wait for warp, or leave and come back
Breaker of all the things

BrigadierBenjamin

Post by BrigadierBenjamin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:32 pm

EngBot wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:00 pm
What about decreasing the base amount of fuel you have and adding a researchable talent that increases the amount?

Having a jetpack is a good thing when you get stuck somewhere, removing it might cause people to become stuck and require them to either reload a save, restart, sit and wait for warp, or leave and come back
An unstuck button would work a bit better, usable only when out of combat, you'd be respawned at the ship's atrium.