Voice communication

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
badkneegrow

Voice communication

Post by badkneegrow » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:35 am

Having direct-communication would be great.

The direct-coms should be in a way which the doors and stuff like that muffle out the voice.

So to communicate with other players on the ship, one would have to use like an intercom on the wall or something, a player would select the room to talk to and talk in the intercom.
A captain would have like a central intercom where he can talk through all the speakers on the ship at the same to call everyone to the deck or call alerts and stuff :)

casauchi

Re: Voice communication

Post by casauchi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:46 pm

in game voice comms are currently on the drawing board, however there is currently a teamspeak server dedicated for Pulsar.

Check out this post detailing on how to connect.

badkneegrow

Post by badkneegrow » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:24 pm

That's good to hear. I hope you guys have already considered something like the ideas that I posted!

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 am

I do agree that built-in voice chat should be a thing made eventually though.

In my experience any game with built in voice chat has been far more social than games without it.
Hell, it's also the reason Console Games have the reputation of being more social.
Because for most of those you join in and voice chat is on by default, while PC gaming requires you to already know people and go out of your way to start a call.

Which kills socialness online, and one's ability to make new friends and interact with more people.
Something that for a game like Pulsar is vital and *needs* to be something kept alive.