Console version

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Col. Hague

Console version

Post by Col. Hague » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:01 pm

A possible console version of this game would be perfect, maybe as part of the new Game Prevue System on Xbox One.

I know a lot of you possibly doubt a console's ability to run the game, this maybe true but i believe unlikely. My opinion on this is supported by the fact that Elite Dangerous is already on Xbox Prevue.

The main benefit of having this game on Console are,
- Communication, when playing console you can be sure that most of the people you meet have a headset as they come with the console.
- Ease of play, on console simply due to the controller and the basic way console`s work, it is easy to gather a reliable crew that you can be confident will keep rejoining for the duration of your journey.
- Accessibility, quite a few more people have easy access to console. i know you can set up a good gaming pc for a reasonable price, yet it is much simpler for someone to buy a console and be done. (dont get me wrong i love PC gaming)

There is a couple of reasons i think it with be awesome to have this on console.

Side note - i wish it could be possible for the dev`s of Pulsar to collaborate with the Elite Dangerous dev`s and add the aspects of this game into Elite. what do you all think of that idea.

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Console version

Post by GwaziMagnum » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:53 pm

I can definitely see the game working on Consoles too.
It would definitely expand Pulsars audience.

However, I would be worried about Console Companies like Microsoft and Sony to try to get restrictive and controlling rights over the game as a result.
And that is NEVER a good thing for developers to be dealing with.

casauchi

Post by casauchi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:52 am

The problem is costs really. both Microsoft and Sony are being good by practically giving away dev kits to indie companies.

The main costs comes with getting your rating and also where you plan to release.
Some countries will cost you more believe it or not. Also it's not cheap to get your game rated by PEGI/USK (which is obviously required by both ms and sony).

You also have to pay for error and omissions insurance which again, isn't cheap, which afaik ms requires, not sure about sony on that one.

There'd also need to be a larger deal regarding the photon cloud for online play

So you got to take all that into account, then decide, will our target audience be big enough? What return will we get?

Of course not everything is about money, but it'd suck if leafy ran with this idea then ran outta funds to keep updating the game we all love playing.

You got to remember also that they're working on this game full time, they quit their jobs so quite a lot of the money raised via kick starter would have gone to living expenses

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:01 am

I never even considered all of the console fee's. :/

Damn, no wonder PC Gaming is so dominant with the Indie Market.

Titansfalundrme

Post by Titansfalundrme » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:50 pm

That would be great if they made this game for Xbox One, my PC cant handle... well any game actually, so I only play on Xbox One.

ggnoredo

Post by ggnoredo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:18 pm

This game should come to xbox one because it suits very well and will boost sales. I hate pc gaming but i wan't to play this awesome game