Idea's/Concepts Ship/Weapons/Player models

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Bussaca

Idea's/Concepts Ship/Weapons/Player models

Post by Bussaca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:28 am

Good day to everyone.

I'm sure like everyone else here, you were quite taken by the scale that leafy games is attempting to accomplish. The tongue and cheek references it was making, and the nostalgia they are trying to instill as well as just a kick ass game in the process. I can't wait to see more..

Ever since I saw the game I've wanted to become involved.. I've been sketching and doodling ever since, even modeling.. thought I'd share some of my ideas.. see what everyone thought, I hope I'm even close to the spirit of the game. I'm not looking to change it, I think it's headed in the right direction and will only get better with time.

I've noticed (at it's current version) that there are a lot of place holder models, and things in place temporarily until they can get around to implementing it, so I'm sure things I've come up with are already in the plans..

Again just my ideas.. what do you think? (i hope these work for everyone it was chopping the images in half in the preview)

So currently no matter what faction you choose, you all look alike, if a Colonial Union ship boards a WDcorp ship everyone looks alike, all wearing the same uniforms..

Now of course while i was doing these.. the newest version update implemented the exo suits.. But before that I had envisioned them to do more than let you be somewhere hot or without air.. I like the zero-point inventories kinda ala borderlands I know, but it works as it's intended mechanism.

So I also fleshed out the weapons tables,
and the ship weapon tables:

I could never get a look at the small drones, mostly because they are shooting at me, and i tend to blow them up right away.. so i took a crack
Totally randomized weapon load outs so every encounter is different, and of course based on the players level.
So basically we get into alot of the best napkin drawings i had some are ok, and some need fleshing out.. Once you start drawing ships you can't stop..

And lastly can't walk around the galaxy without bumping into a couple strange fellows

Of course this is yelling to the wall, and they are ideas. If some of you are wondering well damb that's great and all but who's gonna model all that.. I'm on it..

Of course.. it's not my game..
feedback always appreciated. Comments, concerns..

Bussaca
Last edited by Bussaca on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Idea's/Consepts with pictures and witty banter

Post by GwaziMagnum » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:53 am

Woah, these are bloody genius.

Personally what grabs me the most is the unforms and outfits.
It would be really cool if factions had such a visual difference, right from the get go, especially with such bad-ass designs. :3

Though if we were to do this I would like the option to loot/salvage other factions armor and wear it when you feel like.

The weapons looked solid from what I looked over (I'm actually nodding off to sleep, so I'll have to give a better look tomorrow), do you think you could look at beam weapons though? Because those are a fairly popular weapon that's already in the game.

I like the look of the drones, seem far more menacing rather than just a pile of scrap to blow up. XD

The ships are nice, though I noticed you left out the currently playable ships, so I'd be eager to see what revision you'll have of those. :3

Then lastly the aliens, cute comics. :P
And I can see most of these fititng in rather easily too.

*I should note, I have dual monitors and while typing this I dragged your pictures to my smaller monitor, and on the smaller monitor the pictures were still cutting out mid-way.

Cpt_Matt
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Cpt_Matt » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:57 am

Holy mother of batman. D:

That's all incredible! I love your designs for unique costumes and your ship design are spectacular.
I'd just been thinking about civilian ship designs just the other day and we have similar thoughts.

You've seriously put in a lot of effort and planning into this and it really shows.
I wouldn't be surprised if Leafy steals a few ideas from yah ;)
p e w p e w p e w

Bussaca

Post by Bussaca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:46 am

GwaziMagnum wrote: The weapons looked solid from what I looked over (I'm actually nodding off to sleep, so I'll have to give a better look tomorrow), do you think you could look at beam weapons though? Because those are a fairly popular weapon that's already in the game.
Uhh the Laser Rifle and the Large Ship laser have a fairly long duration beam, vs pew pew pew
GwaziMagnum wrote: *I should note, I have dual monitors and while typing this I dragged your pictures to my smaller monitor, and on the smaller monitor the pictures were still cutting out mid-way.
Damb.. well at least you should be able to "view image" and see the whole thing..

Thanks for your feed back.

Bussaca

Post by Bussaca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:54 am

GwaziMagnum wrote:
The ships are nice, though I noticed you left out the currently playable ships, so I'd be eager to see what revision you'll have of those. :3
I have some, but that's literally stepping on toes, Those ships are great test beds, and they will in the future; i'm sure be streamlined. I personally wouldn't really mess with the original ships except to stream line/flesh out what's already there, if you don't need 18' ceilings, trim it out.. things that at the moment are trivial to actually getting the game working..

it's easy to build/model big and trim down, vs starting off tiny and tight and trying to stuff everything in.. at least once everything is in you know what room you have to work with.

What I don't know is their design process, did they just make a interior, and then threw a ship around it, or did they have a ship in mind (star trek/firefly/galactica) and build an interior to fit the model.. I think a little more of the first, but a mixture of both.

Bussaca

Bussaca

Post by Bussaca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:59 am

Cpt_Matt wrote:Holy mother of batman. D:

That's all incredible! I love your designs for unique costumes and your ship design are spectacular.
I'd just been thinking about civilian ship designs just the other day and we have similar thoughts.

You've seriously put in a lot of effort and planning into this and it really shows.
I wouldn't be surprised if Leafy steals a few ideas from yah ;)
Thanks I appreciate it..

They are more than welcome to, or I could help (ultimate goal)

there is more in the pipeline.. right now I'm working on posters for in-game (not sanctioned) they got like 2 posters on the walls everywhere.. kinda stands out.. it's not a priority.. and that's where I come in.

Bussaca

DarkHenrik

Post by DarkHenrik » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:55 am

Hey can i ask if you could try to draw some images for some ideas for some species? first of is this list from this Topic:http://forums.pulsarthegame.com/viewtop ... 428#p10428

And another one is a race i have been thinking of for a while on this forum, they are called the Exos (i know its not a good name), the Exos are bioengineered creatures created to be like biological robots for an unknown alien species, for more info you can go here http://forums.pulsarthegame.com/viewtop ... 2&start=10

Please ask me if there are anything you want to know, or if you can't or don't want to do this. :)

Bussaca

Post by Bussaca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:30 am

DarkHenrik wrote: or if you can't or don't want to do this. :)
No, I can't. Working on some stuff at the moment.

DeadWeight4U
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by DeadWeight4U » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:52 am

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Also, I would literally kill for you're opinion on something on my thread.

I am in the same boat as you... I love the game, love the direction, love the atmosphere and culture, and I wanted to help.

I asked if they would like some volunteer work for their models and after some discussion I decided to make it a community project.

Having someone with some vast ideas (and much better drawing capabilities) overlook my work would be awesome ^_^

if you have the time, I would be greatful if you would help.
http://forums.pulsarthegame.com/viewtop ... =12&t=1726
DeadWeight4U
YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Bussaca

Post by Bussaca » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:50 am

So i generally have every intention of every ship to be board-able.. and this is how i work it out in my head.. so i can start modeling..

Bussaca