A multi-player idea.

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Tanksy
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

A multi-player idea.

Post by Tanksy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:16 am

I just posted this pretty much in responce to another thread but it dawned on me that this could be a suggestion in itself.

I realise that Leafy aren't focusing on getting more than 5 players in a game, and that a full multi-squad Pulsar experience may be a long way away - But here's something a little smaller, easier and quite possibly just as fun or more, depending on your preference.

Guns of Icarus Online style matches, set up with your crew, your crew's ship, taking on other crews and their ships, in what could be explained in-lore as some kind of weird event where the layers of parallel universes merge and the crews meet. It would pretty much play as a deathmatch with crews and ships fighting each other, and then at the end they can all go back to the warm comfort of their own crew universe.

Ben
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: A multi-player idea.

Post by Ben » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:19 am

I'd like something like this to eventually come out, Sort of like an MMO game.

Tanksy
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Tanksy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:23 am

Pulsar would be a cool MMO idea. But I think it would take a lot of moderation on the servers. This may be a fun game, but quite a lot of people have come here because they've been searching out a game like this they can play seriously. I would hate to see a bunch of 12 year olds sitting at wherever-the-players-spawn, fighting endlessly and not bothering do anything but troll around all day..

Ben
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Ben » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:27 am

Yeah, Although it would take a lot of moderation if Leafy was to do it, This could be quite big. When you think about it for a game that's in Alpha we have over 300+ members and the Devs are already hiring moderators so its shows that most things require moderation.

Tanksy
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Tanksy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 am

I think that Leafy have gotten quite lucky. Their game is for a pretty specific bunch of people. The community might always be small and easy to communicate with. But I do think it's good they're taking on Mods now *before* the storm of kids who suddenly realise Pulsar is the best thing on toast and come cramming in.

casauchi

Post by casauchi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:43 am

Well let's hope the kids realise 'it's the best thing on toast' so leafy can be supported more and we can reach the next stretch goal! ;)

Tanksy
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Tanksy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:19 am

I'd rather the game was supported by enthusiasts rather than kids who just want it early.

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Tanksy wrote:I'd rather the game was supported by enthusiasts rather than kids who just want it early.
This, a thousand time's this.

I'm all for seeing the game grow and get more support, but I'd be too worried about the quality of the game remaining if they remain open to suggestions/advice and the majority of those suggestions are coming from 12 year old's who are just looking for a spaceship version of Call of Duty.

Though thankfully I pattern I've learned with such people are that they like and enjoy simplicity. Easy to do things, minimal complexity. Pulsar seems to be going for the open, creative, explore and think for yourself kind of game. Something that is challenging enough it should deter most people who are simply looking to kill each other online while shouting insults at one another.

As for the actual suggestion. I do like the idea of a Guns of Icarus like game type.
However, I would suggest it be made a later priority since it sounds like something that would take a lot of time and resources. Time and resources that could be put into enhancing the rest of the game in what most people would be doing the majority of the time.

Kind of like if COD chose to invest fully in it's campaign, or Mass Effect 3 in it's Multiplayer, it's just not what most people come to play the game for. Nice and fun additions, but it's not what's luring people in or keeping them there.

JoeEnderslayer
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by JoeEnderslayer » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:20 pm

A guns of Icarus type multi-player would be amazing, let's just hope they try to implement something as such.

Ablanat

Post by Ablanat » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Problem is, they expected to release this sometime around summer of 2014. So, I'd imagine if they take a look at this, they could always make this a possibility for future major update or as DLC. So, upon getting in either way, a bottom can be presented in-game in red text saying "Coming soon....." this alone can hint at future update or DLC.
"May the God have mercy on Anti-Foxie Oppositions' souls"