A multi-player idea.

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Ben
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: A multi-player idea.

Post by Ben » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:01 am

There is almost endless opportunities for the developers to explore, I don't think they are just going to finish the game and be done with it. This game has been really successful so far so it wouldn't surprise me if after they release the game they try to implement as many good ideas as they can.

Drendrar

Post by Drendrar » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Tanksy wrote:I just posted this pretty much in responce to another thread but it dawned on me that this could be a suggestion in itself.

I realise that Leafy aren't focusing on getting more than 5 players in a game, and that a full multi-squad Pulsar experience may be a long way away - But here's something a little smaller, easier and quite possibly just as fun or more, depending on your preference.

Guns of Icarus Online style matches, set up with your crew, your crew's ship, taking on other crews and their ships, in what could be explained in-lore as some kind of weird event where the layers of parallel universes merge and the crews meet. It would pretty much play as a deathmatch with crews and ships fighting each other, and then at the end they can all go back to the warm comfort of their own crew universe.
Like the idea but seems awfully hard to realize.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 pm

We are aware of feature creep and keeping your scope in check when it comes to project development of any sort, it's cause us to already make a lot of tough decisions, from art to the development and design side.

We have also been toying with the idea of a crew-vs-crew game-type however it's probably not something that if we decided to implement, will make it by release. We plan to continue working on the game after release, adding more content and features that didn't make it by release.

Adding multiplayer could be an enormous challenge, however I agree that it could be really fun. It's probably one of the top features on our wishlist!