MOD SUPPORT - MOD TOOLS - STEAM WORKSHOP

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Shawn Mosher

MOD SUPPORT - MOD TOOLS - STEAM WORKSHOP

Post by Shawn Mosher » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:40 am

his is an amazing game engine and an amazing game. I would love to see in the future a release of mod support, mod tools, and with STEAM WORKSHOP supported with the game for addons and mods.

I understand its still early however this would be an amazing addition that titles and similar really dont offer and i believe if done right it could be utilized by the community to help strengthen the games value.

Imagine additional in game character customization or player designed ships. Even your favorite fan-fiction brought to life.

Arsonide

Re: MOD SUPPORT - MOD TOOLS - STEAM WORKSHOP

Post by Arsonide » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:49 am

Eh, player made ships are okay, but if they added support to create sectors of space, or planetary levels, then the players could enhance the amount of content in the game.

UnicornsRock420

Post by UnicornsRock420 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:35 am

Exactly, while the main Developers of the game fix bugs and perfect/enhance the engine of the game and interfaces.

A modding community could be creating mods to add additional content such as more planet biomes, more explorable areas planet-side, more anomalies in space, more ship types, more ship components, balancing of ship and part stats, the AI of the bots, additional roles/jobs, etc.

The possibilities are endless!

victort
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by victort » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:46 pm

this is probably verboten, and i've read the FAQ and know it's on their radar, though priority seems nebulous, I just wanted to add;

+1 for modding support. =)

Crashdummy11880

Post by Crashdummy11880 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:22 pm

pls dont

feartheway
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by feartheway » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:54 am

I think modding support would help the content of the game,
is there a way of taking the best mods and implementing them with the base install of the game?

I cant help thinking some sort of crossover with space engineers would be cool, design everything in space engineers and port it over to a living breathing universe. Maybe it would need certain guidelines to be acceptable in the universe.

feartheway
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by feartheway » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:55 am

Crashdummy11880 wrote:pls dont

can you give a list of reasons why not?

B15HOP

Post by B15HOP » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 am

I'd say +1 for mod support too! :)

Just looking at the game roadmap completion stages. It seems like there is still a long way to go? Especially in regards to content creation. I don't see modding ability on that page:

http://www.pulsarthegame.com/roadmap/