Decrease Movement Speed

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Hawaiian

Decrease Movement Speed

Post by Hawaiian » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:37 pm

I think a lot of you wouldnt agree with this suggestion, but I think your character can move entirely too fast. When your in a ship, being able to zip around at 25mph, or about 70kph really kills the immersion.

Im not sure how many of you care about immersion, but I think if the players were slower, things would feel a bit more authentic.

At the very least, a "walk" button should be added so you can casually walk around the bridge instead of going from 0-25mph in 0.125 seconds every time you want to make a slight adjustment or just take a stroll to the lounge.

Ideally the current regular run speed would be the "sprint speed", and the modified regular run speed would be significantly slower (like a jog), and the walk button would obviously make you walk.

obliviondoll
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Decrease Movement Speed

Post by obliviondoll » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:43 pm

1. Walk toggle: Yes please.
2. Normal movement speed reduced to more of a jogging speed: Yes please.
3. Sprint speed reduced to current normal movement speed: Yes please.

You also didn't mention something else I've noticed. The Captain's speed buff skill should apply only to sprinting, and not increase walk/jog speed. At the moment, normal movement gets even twitchier than normal if your Captain "improves" this skill, which can actually make it harder to move around effectively.

maplealmond
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by maplealmond » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Agreed. A walk/sprint mechanic (with an endurance bar too) would be ideal. The captain's trait tree can grow the endurance bar of the crew, which lets you sprint longer, but doesn't screw with how your character feels. But the engineer can still sprint from the bridge station to the rear of the ship full speed when he needs to.

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:31 am

Personally I like the run speed fine.
But I will admit it is faster than other games, so if it got lowered a bit I wouldn't be complaining either.

However, it should be noted even with the current speed some of the larger ships's size is already rather apparent.

That being said though, I also strongly agree with the walk toggle. Even if for nothing more than roleplay purposes, or appreciating the art design of the game.

And the Captain perk? It really need's changing. XD
Like seriously, once you max that out your run speed definitely is way too fast.
I would definitely agree with making it endurance based instead, that way it doesn't screw up averages and normal game flow.