Allies and trading

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Bishop
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Allies and trading

Post by Bishop » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi guys!

It's been some time since my last forum post, but not since my last search for the lost colony ;-).

Love all the new stuff ... but the new sci research console really brings the planet exploration to a new meaning!

To the point...
I've been having these questions and ideas in my head for quite some time now, so here they finally are:

- Will all roles have the "R" option at their station?
Maybe locking the consoles full screen for easier switching and dialing.

- Will there be a "trading" role to play? Like different prices of inventory and loot items at different traders stations?

S: A "fog of war" would be nice I think. So you dont
see the whole galaxy from the beginning of the game, and you have to navigate and explore the map.

S: Friendly ships! Maybe there are some civilian ships in some sectors that I haven't encountered yet ... but I constantly have a feeling that every last being in your univers is against me and trying to kill my crew :-D. We must have done something really bad that the whole universe is pissed off.

- Is the "jump" command for the engineering bot coming soon? Hate getting my lazy ass out of the captains chair :-D

Keep up the good work!
Bishop
Bishop "Pinhead" Archer
Sky is the limit .... Don't limit yourself!

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Allies and trading

Post by GwaziMagnum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:39 am

What do you mean by "R" option? Research?

For trading I think it could be an interesting addition.
Though it's worth noting a lot of care would be needed to prevent abuse.

Fog-of-war, maybe to an extent?
Because I can see this messing with quests quite a bit.
Maybe when you get a Quest it still shows you where on the map it is, but the way to get there is still foggy?

And YES to the friendly ships.
I always found it bizarre the only friendly ships are from distress beacons...
Then again, players love to kill those ships. So maybe the Galaxy is hostile for good reason. XD

Bishop
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Bishop » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 am

The "R" option:
The pilot, weapons and the captain are the ones with the option to somehow lock or enter their consoles/turret/chair. What I meant was for the engi/sci player to also have the "R" key on the keyboard assigned ... for exc. to enable the engineering consoles full screen or something like that.

Trading:
aye ... abuse would be a thing to consider. Maybe just a small difference in prices so you would really need the big ships to haul all that cargo for a profit.
I think that would give us players something extra to do, since we played those missions (who is counting) many times.

Fog of war:
I agree, the mission sector should definitely show on the map, or we would have a bit of a problem finding the right sector ;) . But I also think exploring the map would bring a lot of fun.
Or hide the sectors belonging to the other faction. If you choose Colonial ship you see only blue sectors and if you choose the Fluffy Biscuits Co. you would only see the pink sectors... that is until you explore them.

Friendly ships:
YES! Like these "distress beacon ships" that even have the trading/buying option for fuel cells. Random friendly ship in random sector ... So the decision of entering combat is on the player captain not the enemy sensors XD.
Second thing ... If I am a captain of a Colonial ship, and we are in a Colonial sector going on a Colonial mission... why the hell are security drones taking us as a threat. We belong to the same race/company ...

I think we are going to have to wait for "Pulsar 2: the Re-Lost colony" for all these functions, heheheh
Bishop "Pinhead" Archer
Sky is the limit .... Don't limit yourself!

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:04 am

The "R" Option:
Oh! My Bad... I should have realized that sooner. XD
But I do agree, hell Engineering is the most vital place for such a thing with all the trolls we get causing chaos there.

Trading:
Well to be fair it's still Beta, Quests are still being added and are still growing in number. :P
But yes, something to do other than Quests would be nice.

Fog of War:
There's a potential abuse here too. Just join every faction at the start, unlock the whole map and then join the one you actually want to be with.
And it's also unrealistic to suddenly just 'forget' those system if you quit. Though I'm not entirely sure what to suggest as an alternative either. :/
Buying sections of the map maybe? At a discount if for a faction you're in.

Friendly Ships:
For now I'm willing to say someone hacked all the drones and made them malt-function. :P
But something else to note if peace becomes an option... We need to expand the stuff for Weapons to do, because otherwise... Well...

And nah, it seems faction relations are one of the later things on the Dev's to do list is all.
I mean, there's traces of it in the Quest Rewards. We already know they're planning on it.