Better Oxygen

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Techman1086
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Better Oxygen

Post by Techman1086 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:43 am

I thought that the oxygen system in the game is pretty simple, you have it or you don't. Simple is good, but when an entire system's job is to produce oxygen I thought it should become a bit more advanced. This is a simple suggestion that can add even more option for oxygen.

My suggestion is to be able to fully control the level of oxygen. More oxygen gives you certain boosts like more health and speed. However, lots of oxygen is not completely good, as fires in 100% oxygen spread almost explosively. Less oxygen would lower the bonus but calm down the spread of fire and other damage.

Have the default oxygen level be 21% just like the total oxygen level that is in the air on Earth. The oxygen control could be placed on the life support's module screen. Lower than 21% will begin to cause low oxygen effects like high altitudes.

The oxygen control would allow the crew to decide whether or not they want to boost their character (Speed and health) or work towards protecting the ship's systems (fire). It could be switched every now and again depending on the issue at hand.