More Immersive Ideas

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Trusin

More Immersive Ideas

Post by Trusin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Food, nobody uses it to "heal" we just die and come back, stand next to our science officer, or heal at the atrium.

Food should be a commodity like fuel. Stored in the ship and prepared in the lounge. Eating and even drinking could provide different buffs. From slow natural health regen, to a health boost. faster move speed. ect... Drinking "boos" could get you drunk, making you weaker and wabble when you walk.

This could provide a useful purpose to the lounge. make crews have to take "food" breaks and could even be incorporated into the roles in that if engineers eat certain types of food their coolant passive buff is slightly increased. Make it so you can only have 1 food buff at a time and they run out. If you have not eaten in a while you take a hit to your HP pool.

Morjax

Re: More Immersive Ideas

Post by Morjax » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 am

Trusin wrote: Drinking "boos" could get you drunk, making you weaker and wabble when you walk.
This happens already - your vision goes in and out of double-vision, you walk lopsided, and your aiming reticle/accuracy gets worse the more you drink.

As for food, it does not really seem to serve much of a purpose. Either I'm taking damage slow enough that the science officer's heals can keep up fine, or I get murdered so fast that not even food would have helped the situation.

I could see rations being used up every X jumps, or every Y game time, but I could also see that becoming a bit tedious to manage...
Bona fide YouTube Goon.

Thread of my let's play with 4 other youtubers: http://forums.pulsarthegame.com/viewtop ... f=5&t=2942

Bishop
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Bishop » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:20 am

Totally agree with the uselessness of food. Some kind of hunger system is definitely missing here, so there would be a reason to stack and collect food on away missions.
Love what devs have done with the alco-drinks doe ... I can finally buy my crew a lager after a successful :P.
Bishop "Pinhead" Archer
Sky is the limit .... Don't limit yourself!

Jingo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Jingo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:50 am

Maybe have a hunger score (like O2 loss but much slower). I would have stamina be a diff thing than health, and when you become "hungry" you lose your stamina bar permanently until you eat. You could even add tummy rumble sounds. :)
I like the idea of having to stock up on food for a long missions and being able to access it via the lounge (put an open locker there anyone can use).

Other immersion ideas:
Allow sleeping in a bed. One way you could use this would be to allow the some missions to give negative sickness trait where you temporarily lose any physical related talents/buffs when sick. Conditions for sickness could be contact with an alien life form. Contact with radiation or acid. Too often going into hunger zone to often. Then you have have to sleep it off with some expensive meds that science officer purchased or can whip up from alien goo he atomitizes.

Allow use of showers and shower sounds, toilet sounds. Maybe use showers to get rid of some alien contamination?

Allow sitting in chairs. I can see a game within a game aspect here. Maybe when someone sits on the chairs, a deck of cards or some dice appear that anyone can see. Tapping those opens up a menu to roll the dice or do simple card stuff. If you allowed an aspect of personal allowance, crew members could then gamble those hard earned credits away with each other.

Allow interaction with notes or papers. Clicking it could open up just a simple text file with text. If there's a sticky note and pen, allow notes to be placed on diff surfaces.