evolve style ground missions,

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
feartheway
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

evolve style ground missions,

Post by feartheway » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:41 am

I have been having a great deal of fun with evolve (now free to play!!!), would be cool to implement some of the features of tracking an alien or evacuating away from an alien.

obviously it wouldnt be the same level of polish of evolve but on the plus side pulsar has more of a wider universe and other things going on.

I dont know if you could implement a deliberate troll / alien slot for 1 person to try and sabotage the ship / mission. The villain of the story. sometimes its fun to be the villain, and also it gives more replayability if you get pvp involved. Particularly interesting is asymmetric pvp. 1 monster vs 5 real people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrL4Q63bbiU

https://www.twitch.tv/feartheway/v/90539233

feartheway
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: evolve style ground missions,

Post by feartheway » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:27 am

here is another video of me in a cool mech suit punching out a player alien spider gorgon,

i think pulsar could use some of the best ideas in evolve stage 2.

in particular planet design, alien design, player design.

mech suit carnage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIlL5H5Unk&t=38s

Shaftoe

Post by Shaftoe » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:39 am

This is far beyond PULSAR capabilities. Obviously, not going to happen.

Alien villian of the story won't work too, because galaxy is too large fow a single Alien to find the characters' ship. And the ship is too small to allow alien any freedom of action.

Although, this is a good idea for additional, compeitive game mode. Second crew from opposite faction, i.e. for CU opposition is W.D. and A.O.G. and vice versa may work. Their tasks should be:
A) Find the Lost Colony earlier
B) Deliver the information of it back to own HQ
C) Get rid of chracters from opposite faction and their ship, like they never discovered the colony. These conditions are neccessary to prevent stupid DM and quick death of players. Of course, in this type of game captain of one team shouln't be able to kick players from other team - only kill them. I.e. two teams should be fully independent. But remember: this is a game mode, so if players want just fly around and explore, they shouln't turn it on.

obliviondoll
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by obliviondoll » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:45 am

Evolve does what it does well.

That said, that's ALL Evolve does, which is why it does it so well.

The primary focus of Pulsar is not to be a high-action FPS fighting giant alien boss creatures. It's more like a Star Trek inspired starship simulator. The ground elements are only one element of a much wider whole, and aren't even a primary focus for the experience. It makes very little sense for them to rebuild the game in the image of something which does that and that only, and expect the game to do it justice.

Even the elements which DO exist in the game aren't meant to be focused around large monster fights.

Shaftoe

Post by Shaftoe » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:48 pm

PULSAR really should concentrate on deepening existing ship control options. Make it harder and maybe more punishing. Ground combat... Well, large boss with multiple range weapons could make some challenge. In fact, ground part begs for overhaul. Starting with walking mode and RMB ain, to some small features of AI enemies.