PVP (read before you eat my soul pls)

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Lensflare

PVP (read before you eat my soul pls)

Post by Lensflare » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:32 am

Have you ever seen blackwake? similar game to pulsar but pvp and on sailing ships, it seems like the systems are similar as you are free to move around on the decks of both ships while they are moving.
I was thinking a similar system might be possible in pulsar, maybe each crew gets a preset amount of credits they can spend to upgrade their ship before the fight, and then they are placed inside of a system with debris and stuff.
Thought it looked similar to pulsar and a pvp option would be really great even though its not in the plan right now.

Solidusbucket

Re: PVP (read before you eat my soul pls)

Post by Solidusbucket » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:59 am

Maybe if they had a specific section for PvP i would agree. I'm drawn to this game because its casual co-op. No one seems to really rage at inexperience (just incompetence).

I'm new though so iono.

Another game you might like is called Guns of Icarus Online. I have a stupid amount of hours in that and it is a hybrid between pulsar and blackwake. Main focus is PvP with a co-op mode coming out.

obliviondoll
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by obliviondoll » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:08 am

Devs have specifically said PvP is NOT planned. That said, I'm not conceptually against the idea as an extra feature. Definitely shouldn't be the primary focus, though.

26bit

Post by 26bit » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 pm

obliviondoll wrote:Devs have specifically said PvP is NOT planned. That said, I'm not conceptually against the idea as an extra feature. Definitely shouldn't be the primary focus, though.
Devs really say that? Its sad. If so, where can I read about the plans for the further development of the game?

justinjah91

Post by justinjah91 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Mmmmmmm tasty soul

obliviondoll
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by obliviondoll » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 pm

26bit wrote:
obliviondoll wrote:Devs have specifically said PvP is NOT planned. That said, I'm not conceptually against the idea as an extra feature. Definitely shouldn't be the primary focus, though.
Devs really say that? Its sad. If so, where can I read about the plans for the further development of the game?
http://www.pulsarthegame.com/faq/

"Player versus player modes?

PULSAR was designed from the ground up to be cooperative in nature. None of the mechanics are prepared to handle the specific challenges of PvP combat. We believe that this focus on pure cooperation will enable us to create an experience that is unique and feasible by our small team."

Also here: http://www.pulsarthegame.com/state-of-the-galaxy/ and there's often hints about upcoming content in the updates on Steam and the announcement subforum here.

Also there's a VERY rought work in progress game called Interstellar Rift which you can find on Steam which feels just similar enough to Pulsar to draw the comparison while also having PvP as a viable option.

Keragon
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Keragon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 pm

PvP could never work for this game with the way it's designed so far. Imagine how the hacking system would work against other player ships, it would be a nightmare.

I would like to see multi ship co-op however, that would be very cool.