Make this Gameplay Intensive

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Accursed

Make this Gameplay Intensive

Post by Accursed » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:08 am

I have only skimmed the last 5 pages lightly and have found few references to what I propose.

Firstly, who says there has to be only one random mission to each named sector? A simple exploration/ crew ranking generation system can unlock numerous teleportation zones on any given planet, Exponentially enhancing gameplay content without the need to alter existing mission/ exploration parameters. Planets can offer different opportunities therefore demanding any vigilant explorer to CONTINUE to roar around the galaxy to find new and improved content. Not just relying on AI mission offers.

My second point was to introduce randomly timed re-spawning research materials. Organic materials for example can grow back in a matter of real-time play days for harvesting purposes, where-as mineral based research may take longer. If enemies can re-appear then why not materials? But my first suggestion may nerf my second.

For playability purposes the graphics are top-notch, People with low powered computers can enjoy the experience as well, but crew AI should be tweaked a bit better. For example the Captain should be able to order a warp jump execution via the comfort of his chair/ Order list instead of physically clicking on the Engineers screen to initiate. If this is already in play then I would appreciate a heads-up on how to do this.

This has the potential to be a truly award- winning game as long as we the Gamers continue to Think and Contribute.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Make this Gameplay Intensive

Post by Edinstein » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:39 pm

It’s an interesting idea to have multiple teleportation sites on a planet, and it would definitely offer more content in any given sector. Unlocking new teleportation sites, or even respawning research materials, would certainly give players a reason to return to planets and continue exploring. Thank you for the suggestions! I can’t make any guarantees that we’ll add something like this, but I’ll discuss it with the team.

The AI being able to initiate warp has been highly requested by players. We intend to address it in a future update!

Rosarium

Post by Rosarium » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:19 am

Edinstein wrote:It’s an interesting idea to have multiple teleportation sites on a planet, and it would definitely offer more content in any given sector. Unlocking new teleportation sites, or even respawning research materials, would certainly give players a reason to return to planets and continue exploring. Thank you for the suggestions! I can’t make any guarantees that we’ll add something like this, but I’ll discuss it with the team.

The AI being able to initiate warp has been highly requested by players. We intend to address it in a future update!

5 months before this post i wrote this:

http://forums.pulsarthegame.com/viewtop ... oad#p15950

no one replied to it.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Apologies, several months ago we were having difficulties staying on top of all the suggestions. We'll take a look now!