AI Loading Capsules and overide settings

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!

• Hi there would be seriously helpful for a trigger for AI to load capsules and also on the menu using Z to have AI override setting and default for instance boarding enemy ship I have custom setup AI and would be nice for a setting to override the custom AI settings then hit a revert to save setting to make it easier when playing with 2 human friends and the rest are AI..

I would be truly grateful to see this basic feature added.....

Lewisviper

• It is...hard to understand exactly what you want. You want the AI to load capsules, first off. I can see how that could be useful, but I disagree. I believe that only the captain and/or the engineer as players should be able to load capsules, due to the fact that it's a function that can both get you stranded and help you stay alive in battle at the same time. Maybe have SciBot say which programs need recharging after using a couple? But loading/using capsules should definitely be a player choice.

As to the second part, you want to use the command menu to access AI configs? To switch them between your custom file and the default file? What would the point of that be? If you look, you can already set up the AI to act normally or board based on conditions. You want to board a friendly? Get distance, have the AI board when the 'Board the Enemy' command is active, and shoot a turret at them. The turrets auto-fire, so just wait for the enemy shields to go down enough, and they will auto-board. The ship is about to die? Have it so that when the ship is below X%, they'll board them. Otherwise, they'll act normally.

Mr. Morague

• We haven't yet built behaviors for a few things (loading fuel capsules and program charging, nukes, etc) but like Mr. Morague mentioned, it can be tricky to add something like this because if the AI don't work as intended they may do more harm than good. That being said, we could build conditions that help prevent overuse of fuel capsules (number of remaining capsules or number used per jump or both). It's probably going to be something we'll try to add but I can certainly see some people disabling that behavior.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Return to Your Suggestions

Information