Minor suggestions/error report

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 pm

• Hello Leafies,

Three small but annoying things that could easily be changed.

1. The Outrider has no Status Screen in engineering bay. That feels so wrong. I am all for incentives to communicate and balance, but it makes no sense to not include a status screen in engineering bay when constructing a space ship. Also I see no significant implication for Outrider balancing when adding said screen.

2. The Temperature on the frozen W.D. ship is displayed as 296 Kelvin. That is way too warm for all the snow and the icicles. Temperature is displayed wrongly in all units. Either that or the crew died from naphthalene poisoning after trying to deliver massive amounts of that white powdery stuff to produce giant moth balls to fight the infection.
    This admittedly is something that bothers not many people that much, but it is an unnecessary and easily fixable error.

3. Adding a new icon for quest items. It happened extremely often that I told a young captain, fresh from the starfleet academy: "Now click 'sell' but make sure not to sell the medical supply quest items! They look like scrap! BE CAREFUL!" and 2 minutes later I had to add "You sold the quest items." Sometimes people don't notice it and are puzzled how to finish the mission and where the items went. Recently the same happened with an experienced captain and weapon parts. Bottom line: It happens A LOT. I do not mind the game to be punishing that way. I actually applaud it. But that is my personal opinion, you might want to not make the game frustrating in that respect. So a very simple icon change could prevent lots of newbie/unfocussed captain frustration.

Thanks for reading. Off to the bug section!

Rama

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:53 pm

• Thank you for the suggestions!

1. We'll add a status screen to the Outrider engineering bay. It's definitely a good thing to have.
    2. Sorry, we must've overlooked that temperature radius. We'll fix it!
    3. That's a good point, thank you for bringing it up. We'll look into it.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 am

• Thanks! No need to apologize though. Little errors happen in big projects. Many eyes are needed to find them all. Happy to lend you mine.

More suggestions:

It is weird that Kilnseed Planet and Gentleman's Stash planet exist twice. One exists and one other pops up after mission is accepted. Thus often one ends up with two metal spheres.

Rama

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 pm

• Yes, that shouldn't be happening. Those are mission planets that are likely spawning at galaxy creation. We'll make a note to fix that! Thank you for letting us know, and we'd be grateful to know if you find any others.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Return to Your Suggestions

Information