A.O.G. Dutchess reporting on an odd anomaly and sends a distress call!

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Scientist Dutchiee

A.O.G. Dutchess reporting on an odd anomaly and sends a distress call!

Post by Scientist Dutchiee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:11 pm

We've sent out our distress signal. To anyone who's reading this transmission, please help!

It seems our ship has taken damage. Our Captain blind warped us out of a battle between the C.U. and we're requesting assistance on our sector. We've tried everything and it's no use! Our ship keeps lighting ablaze.

Let's get into the details: Fire requires oxygen, fuel, and heat. The C.U. hit us right through our shields and blasted our systems causing them to spark creating heat and energy to act as fuel. We had our oxygen systems on which allowed the reaction to take place, resulting in fires across the entire ship! Knowing basic chemistry, I knew I had to turn the oxygen generator off in our Stargazer. Before the oxygen levels reaching below optimal for our crew we had already prepared exo-suits. Thank goodness they were still intact. Oxygen levels now low and sensors detecting 0% oxygen levels the fire should've went out. It kept lighting itself across the entire ship.

We need help, many of our crew has died due to the explosions and fire around the ship. We will need to abandon ship and await help.

Enough of all that ^

But anyway! We took out our oxygen generator on the ship and there was still fires going around the entire thing? It doesn't make sense...I wanted to let you all know and the devs, that this is a problem that should be fixed and taking away oxygen levels to the ship should not allow fire to combust wherever it likes! We don't know how we fixed it, but we did something. Just a heads up to all on the forum, turning off oxygen doesn't put out fires! So be weary!

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: A.O.G. Dutchess reporting on an odd anomaly and sends a distress call!

Post by Edinstein » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:16 pm

You may have warped into the "too close to star" scenario after executing the blind jump. This sector type will constantly spawn fires (having zero O2 should kill them quickly though). Try warping to a different sector and if it continues to happen let us know! We'll try to make this clearer in the future if this is the case!

Scientist Dutchiee

Post by Scientist Dutchiee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Edinstein wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:16 pm
You may have warped into the "too close to star" scenario after executing the blind jump. This sector type will constantly spawn fires (having zero O2 should kill them quickly though). Try warping to a different sector and if it continues to happen let us know! We'll try to make this clearer in the future if this is the case!
Absolutely amazing! We were pretty close to some bright white plannet. Thanks for the info! Hope you liked my little 'story' as well, haha!

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Scientist Dutchiee wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm
Edinstein wrote:
Absolutely amazing! We were pretty close to some bright white plannet. Thanks for the info! Hope you liked my little 'story' as well, haha!
That sounds like the right sector! I personally love these RP posts, that's how I play pulsar!

BTW. I've just added a sensor object to these sectors that displays a proximity warning advising crews to leave.

Scientist Dutchiee

Post by Scientist Dutchiee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Edinstein wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:44 pm
Scientist Dutchiee wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm
Edinstein wrote:
That sounds like the right sector! I personally love these RP posts, that's how I play pulsar!

BTW. I've just added a sensor object to these sectors that displays a proximity warning advising crews to leave.
When was this added? Are these the red flashing sectors I see or the orangey red clouds that appear on the map and spread?

Me and a friend got caught in a huge orangey red cloud surrounding the bottom left corner of the map. We'd only just started the game 2-3 days ago now, our shields went right down and our ship was getting corroded or crushed or something. It was terrible! We warped out and we were on the outskirts but not quite out, it was less cloudy but our shields went down again and it ripped into our hull like nothing! We blew up, haha!

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:52 pm

Sorry I should have mentioned that the change won't go to the live build until we release Beta 19.2.

Those are infected sectors and right now they are very dangerous! Most crews tend to avoid those areas unless they are looking for a real challenge. Infected sectors corrode shields and hull and also prevent shield charging.

Hope that clarifies!